Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Selling Apple Watch on contract query

TomHop93
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Unsure if this post is in the right forum so apologies if not.

So basically I have had an Apple Watch Cellular under contract since January for £22 a month added to my phone contract.

I rarely use the Watch so I was wondering, if I continue to pay the £22 a month until the contract end date am I permitted to sell my Watch on somewhere like eBay for example or would I be breaking my T&C’s? As I know some companies such as EE require you to have a product for like 6 months until it’s classed as “yours”.

Also, if I unpair my iPhone from my Watch would someone else on a different network e.g. EE be able to pair it to their iPhone if I were to sell it on eBay?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone won't be concerned with what you do with the watch as long as the bill is continued to be paid @TomHop93 

As far as I'm aware the watches are not network locked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I regards to the contract customer services on 191 or Live Chat could tell you have much the Early Termination Fee is.

More info in cancel-your-account 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can help too @TomHop93 

Current Phone  >

Cheers for the quick reply :Smiling:

Oh really, that’s great. Vodafone live chat gave quite conflicting answers, one said it fine to sell it and it’s not network locked whereas another said the complete opposite and it is network locked! 🤯

So thought I’d come here and get a definitive answer haha 

BandOfBrothers

@TomHop93 wrote:

Cheers for the quick reply :Smiling:

Oh really, that’s great. Vodafone live chat gave quite conflicting answers, one said it fine to sell it and it’s not network locked whereas another said the complete opposite and it is network locked! 🤯

So thought I’d come here and get a definitive answer haha 

You're very welcome @TomHop93 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

No quite as simple @TomHop93 

The watch is yours to do with as you wish.   However, unless you are planning on getting a replacement watch, If you cancel your watch plan, you will also need to cancel the One Number, this is something you are paying extra for on a monthly basis.  It would also be worth mentioning that if you cancel your main plan, you would be unable to use a connected device.

This really need to be taken up with Customer Services, live chat or the Social Team.

edited to add:  As far as early termination charges are concerned, the My Vodafone Application will give you the amount.  Alternatively, text INFO' to 85075.

Hi .@AnnS cheers for the reply :Smiling:

I’m happy to still be paying the watch plan until the contract end date, I’d just be selling the actual Watch. I’d unpair it and everything from my iPhone so someone else would be able to use it on potentially another network. 

Troybruno

Hi, did you end up selling your iwatch? Also did you find out if it’s locked to vodafone? I’m in the same situation weather to sell or not so would love your feedback