Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim deactivated

Ellliza
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A couple of days i wanted to upgrade my contract since i was done with it since may. I tried to log into the app but i forgot my password so i went to speak with Tobi first, i then spoke with a representative and after going through the details of my account i realised that my surname is misspelled, he send me a link to change my surname which i did right away. After that i went to check what upgrade i can do, i choose everything and placed the order. The next day i got an email with a form for me to complete in order to prove my identity and the card that is linked to the account. After i’ve send the photo evidence my sim got deactivated in just a couple of minutes because apparently the surname didn’t changed in the system. So my sim went off on tuesday, since then i called vodafone, the fraud team, submitted multiple form with multiple evidences for my identity, even went to a vodafone store and spoke with a lovely lady who made an entire essay to submit to the fraud team in which she explained everything that happened, confirmed that i showed her multiple proofs of id and address all under my correct name. Then i called the vodafone team again, they told me i have to wait again for the fraud team to review everything. The fraud team send me another email the next day that they can’t approve the evidence I submitted since it’s not under the name on the contract. Since then I can’t use my sim for which honestly i am paying a lot of money monthly. I understand that the fraud team is taking precautions but at the same time i feel like it should be easier to check everything since the card statements are under my correct name and the account number can be clearly connected to the payments that i make from that exact card to vodafone monthly. 

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Ellliza I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion over the details held on your account. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this for you, see if we can get it updated and your SIM reactivated. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please pop us a private message via one of our social channels.