Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify payment issue

SpotifyQuery
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi All,

I'm hoping to get an answer here that I couldn't get at two Vodafone stores. This should be quite simple but is becoming a very drawn out process! I'm also unable to connect to the Vodafone "chat" on any of my devices/connections, is this a temporary fault?

I had Spotify before I signed up to my latest Vodafone sim only contract and was offered the opportunity of moving my Spotify account onto Vodafone, the cost of which would be included in Vodafone bill. 

12 months on and this is no longer the case; I'm now being charged an extra £10 a month for Spotify but now through Vodafone. 

All I want to do is to stop paying for Spotify via Vodafone and bring the cost away from Vodafone, whilst keeping my Spotify account. I'm informed I can't do this via Spotify and must be actioned by Vodafone.

Can someone advise?

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @SpotifyQuery, thanks for your message, what error message are you getting when you're trying to use the Live Chat service? 

If you've previously had Spotify Premium included in your contract and you're now being charged, you could out of commitment on your SIM only. To check this, just sign into the My Vodafone App > click Your Plan from the home screen > scroll down to Agreement End Date. If you're out of commitment and you would like to keep Spotify Premium, we would recommend that you call our upgrades team on 191, which is free from your Vodafone handset. If you did want to cancel the Spotify Premium service in the meantime, this can be done from the Entertainment Portal here

Hi @MarkD

Thanks for responding. 

Unfortunately, that link doesn't work. I can't find any area on the Vodafone account site that removes payment for spotify. The "sitebot" is absolutely useless. 

Has no-one else had this issue before?

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@SpotifyQuery

Try this. https://offers.vodafone.com/gb

If you do it via your mobile then use Network Data and will not have to verify.

Using WiFi or from any other Devices will need to be verified via a Text message so make sure your phone is on.

Then select Manage Subscription and will show all your Active subscription.

Click on it and will get option to cancel.

That's done it, thanks very much!