Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible Customer Service

P-Creature
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm just trying to upgrade and can't get hold of vodafone to discuss my options. I have now been on hold for 51 mins and I have tried the utterly useless chat bot while listening to the terrible hold music over and over again. I will give up in a minute. 

Here is the transcription from the chat bot if you want a laugh:

Reference Number: 189257881887059928
DATE/TIME: 2021-08-04 11:38:32
Your Chat Transcript
The following is a record of your online chat with Vodafone today
Tobi : Thanks for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly
Paul : Hi. I would like to chat to someone about my upgrade options. Thanks
TOBi :
Let’s see if you’re eligible to upgrade today.

Please select the product you want to upgrade:
Paul : Mobile
TOBi :
You can easily check if you’re eligible to upgrade by logging in to your My Vodafone account. Just select the device you want to upgrade and then select your upgrade option.

You can also discuss your upgrade options by speaking to one of our dedicated advisers.

If you’ve checked and you’re not eligible, we have other options for you. Please select which option you’d like to learn more about:
Paul : speak to an adviser
TOBi : Please tell me what type of account you have with us:
Paul : Personal
TOBi : Great, so you want to upgrade. I just need to get you through to our dedicated team.
TOBi : To check if you are eligible, we just need to complete a quick security check.
TOBi : To do this you will receive a text to the number you want to upgrade. Can you confirm the number is XXXXXXXXXXX?
Paul : yes
TOBi : You can find out what your phone number is by simply calling * # 1 0 0 # free from your Vodafone mobile.

Please note that if you’re using Wi-Fi Calling, you need to turn off Wi-Fi on your phone before dialling this number.
Paul : xxxxxxxxxxx
TOBi : I didn't get that, would you like to try and rephrase your question or would you like to speak to an adviser who will be able to assist you further?
Paul : speak to an adviser
TOBi : I will now transfer you to a human adviser who will be able to help further. Could you tell me your full name please?
Paul : xxxxxxxxxxxx
TOBi : Unfortunately, there are no agents available at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience. However, you can try to contact us via the following:

For Customer Service:
Call 191 - free on Vodafone mobiles
Using a landline? Dial 03333 040 191*
Abroad? Dial +44 7836 191 191 - also free on Vodafone mobiles
Mon-Fri 8am-9pm & Sat-Sun 8am-8pm
24/7 for any lost or stolen device

For Sales:
Call free on 08080 408 408. 8am-8pm everyday.
For business sales, call free on 08080 996 777. 8am-8pm Mon-Fri.
*Standard call charges apply.

Click here to get help from our Vodafone Community.
Paul : I am trying to get through to you by phone already and have been waiting over 30 mins.
TOBi : Sorry I didn't get that, could you please rephrase your question?
Paul : I want to speak to an adviser?
TOBi : In order to answer your query further, I will transfer you to a human adviser. Could you please tell me your phone number?
Paul : xxxxxxxxxxx
TOBi : The number you've provided is XXXXXXXXXXX is that correct?
Paul : yes
TOBi : I'm very sorry but due to the Coronavirus situation we have fewer colleagues in our contact centres and I am unable to hand you over to anyone right now. The answers to many questions can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions at support.vodafone.co.uk.
TOBi : We really appreciate your patience during this difficult time, and hope you stay safe and well.
Paul : Jeeze, lol
TOBi : Unfortunately, no agents are available right now to help, however, you can try to contact us on the following:

For Customer Service:

For Sales:

Paul : I want to speak to an adviser
TOBi : Unfortunately, there are no agents available at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience. However, you can try to contact us via the following:

For Customer Service:

For Sales:

Paul : end session
TOBi : If that is everything, you can help me improve in the future by completing this quick survey. It takes around 1-2 mins, and means your feedback will help improve this service.
TOBi : If you still need help, ask me a question and I'll get you to the right place.

5 REPLIES 5

simax
14: Advanced member

So…. You don’t wish to wait as the agents are busy dealing with other customers who called in before you did… and that’s terrible customer service? 

If you don’t wish to wait, you could always call back later or another day when they’re less busy? 

If you got connected to an agent and they didn’t do as requested or didn’t act appropriately, then THAT is terrible customer service…

As it happens I think there are a few issues with the Vodafone app at the moment (mine hasn’t worked for the last day or so) so the agents may also be dealing with additional call volumes dealing with customers who have queries about their account as they can’t service it online.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @P-Creature, I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your purchase via Live Chat. If the waiting time through that channel is too long, you also have the option to call up if you need to discuss a specific plan with a member of staff. You can reach out to our dedicated Sales team by calling 0808 040 8408 from any UK mobile or landline (charges depend on your current network provider).
If you've found a plan you're happy with though, you can also purchase this without speaking to anyone via the Vodafone website. I'm really sorry that we weren't able to provide the service you were expecting via Live Chat. 

@simax

Lol. Um... yes. If you're not staffed well enough to deal with existing customers in a reasonable amount of time that is bad customer service.

Also I would either expect to not have to wait for 51 mins and still not get through to someone on the phone; or for the chat service to operate as expected.

simax

Well then, either leave your phone on speakerphone while you get on with other things (like I do) until they answer, try later when they’re less busy or grab your PAC by text message and “off you pop” 👋🏼

First World Problems

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As an existing customer, surely you know that Vodafone have appalling customer services already? They will do everything they can to fob you off to the bot and get you to give up and stop bothering them.

However, if like me, Vodafone works well (except when you need to interact with them) chances are you can get a better deal from a third party as a "new customer". PAC out and back in again, a few days of faff and you've saved quite a bit of money.