Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

US based

SarahMcGinty
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’m struggling to access my Vodafone account from the US as a security code to login is required and one little text from Vodafone is going to cost me £6.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You are probably not on one of the inclusive plans where you are not charged the £6.00 daily roaming charge for using your allowance of calls, texts and data in the US.

Vodafone will only charge for anything outgoing, anything  incoming calls, texts and the security texts to  log on to your online account is not chargeable.  

To prevent incurring any charges just make sure your mobile data and data roaming are off use WiFi where available and only use for incoming.  Calling voicemail will also incur a charge.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Are you able to contact Live Chat or use the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM or ring Vodafone UK Customer Support to help with your account @SarahMcGinty  ?

Unfortunately roaming charges are what they are  :Sad_face:

Travelling-abroad. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

You are probably not on one of the inclusive plans where you are not charged the £6.00 daily roaming charge for using your allowance of calls, texts and data in the US.

Vodafone will only charge for anything outgoing, anything  incoming calls, texts and the security texts to  log on to your online account is not chargeable.  

To prevent incurring any charges just make sure your mobile data and data roaming are off use WiFi where available and only use for incoming.  Calling voicemail will also incur a charge.