Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to use Data

Greenpickle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I pay monthly for a SIM only contract for my daughter. She uses my old Huawei handset.

She gets 3GB of data included. However she is unable to use the data. Any ideas why?

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Greenpickle 

Take a look at the APN settings in the phone, open your settings and select mobile networks and make sure contract/pay monthly is selected.  Also, text WEB to 40127 this will configure the APN and download the correct settings to the phone.  Follow this will a phone reboot.

You will be able to find further help on the Device Guides page here:  Device Guides 

Thank you. All done. Still not working! 

Have you checked in your myvodafone that no relevant data bars are in place ?

Also customer services on 191 or Live Chat can check the account and if necessary reset the data part of it @Greenpickle 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Greenpickle 

Please check within the phone's settings that Mobile Data is turned On and that no data limit is set within the phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. Mobile data is on. No data limit set.

AnnS

Hi @Greenpickle 

If the check list I have posted in my first reply do not solve the problem, it's possible the phone has simply temporarily lost it's connection, try going into settings, mobile networks, select manual and let the phone search for any other network, select an alternative network, wait for it to reject the request and reselect Vodafone.  This will update the SIM on the network.

Also, check how old the SIM is, when the SIM starts to get old, it can start to do some strange things.  If your Daughter needs a replacement SIM start a live chat and an advisor will get a new SIM sent out.

Thank you. We tried that. Still no joy.

Data has never worked. We have had the SIM a few years!.. Perhaps it’s always been defective?

I’ll try requesting a new one.

Cheers