Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade applied to the wrong number

Vodafoner8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone else had an upgrade applied to the wrong number (within same account)? I am really annoyed by this. I thought I checked and trippled-checked that I was upgrading my primary number but Vodafone are insisting that I upgraded the other number. I am still waiting for proof of purchase but I don't even know how to prove that I ordered for my number. Only after I realised this error from the new invoice I found the only Vodafone email that went to my spam (probably because of "upgrade" in the email address) but it is now passed 14 days so I can't cancel the upgrade. It was important for my records etc management that the upgrade was associated with my primary number and now it seems that they cannot do anything while I'm pretty certain but haven't been able to show yet that I had ordered for my primary number. In the order history, all orders appear under the one account not per number and do not show which number exactly the upgrade was ordered for... The chat was very unhelpful on this in short answering "no worries you can still upgrade your primary number".  I don't want more upgrades right now, just my primary number to be upgraded and not the secondary. If anyone has any ideas, then much appreciated. Let's see if proof of purchase shows any record for which number I actually ordered. 

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

As this will require account access, your best bet is to drop a note to the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter.  If this can be resolved, they're they people who'll be able to do it.

BandOfBrothers

It would hinge on proving you wanted your primary number upgrading either by your paperwork or via asking for a subject to access request. 

More here gdpr-sars-form. 

Unfortunately if you can't and as you say your now past your 14 day cooling off period your locked in and can't cancel without paying a fee.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you! Proof of purchase ordered and Vodafone UK contacted on Facebook. It ain't over 'till it's over. 😅

BandOfBrothers

Best of luck @Vodafoner8 

🤞

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I think you have a good case which might be viewed sympathetically as you simply want to transfer the upgrade to another number on the same account, rather than cancel it completely.