Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade ended In disaster.

Geesix5
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've upgrade my phone today, counteract was a Huawei P Smart the usual with 1gb of data for £17 per month, great I thought. No next thing I get a txt saying I've hit my data limit on a phone I don't have!! So I contact Vodafone on the chat, yes sir sorry for that we will give you 2gb of data to sort that out! Great I thought, No I've been charged £20 for the inconvenience!! My bill is now £53 what a joke!! I now want to cancel everything and I have to wait till tomorrow! They sure took my money quick tho, shocking treatment by vodafone

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I agree that experience wasn't good but I assume as you've upgraded the service Vodafone supplied for 2 years was good enough for you to want to upgrade and stay with them @Geesix5 

I totally understand you not being happy with this experience.

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services.  

Perhaps let the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  take a look.

If your adamant you want to cancel within the 14 Days Cooling Off Period then you can take that option

》 What-happens-when-I-leave/How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract. 

" Please don't cancel your Direct Debit as depending on when your service stops, we may send you a final bill   with partial charges or a refund.

I wish you all the best with this situation however you decide to proceed.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi 

I only think I havnt had any trouble up until now is because I havnt asked for anything.

This is something these people do day in day out, how do they get it so wrong!!??, it quite worrying. 

AnnS

Hi @Geesix5 

If you only upgraded yesterday, you will be looking at unbilled usage and charges.  When you upgrade to bring you in line with the billing date your account will be reset to reflect the new upgrade and tariff, this means you will be billed pro ratered for the new upgrade.

When your bill has been produced for next month you will see a credit for line rental paid in advance prior to upgrading, there will also be some extra billing dates for the upgrade and you need to look at the dates you have been billed, there will be more than one months line rental.

When you receive the bill for the upgrade and have something to go on, if you are still unclear your will be able to take this up with Customer Services and they will be able to go through the bill with you.

Hope this helps.

Hi, 

What I would like explained is how I hit my data limit on a contract I don't have the phone. I'm connected to WiFi and then offered an extra 2gb as a good gesture and then billed for it!!?? Don't think that comes under unbilled usage, does it? 

AnnS

Hi @Geesix5 

You have not yet been billed for the upgrade, when you receive the bill it will make more sense. 

Although you have not received the phone, your new tariff will start at midnight on the day of upgrade, and depending on your billing date, if you have a data allowance, this will also be pro ratered and will only receive a proportion of the allowance. Vodafone have given you an extra 2GB data as a goodwill gesture and there shouldn't be any out of bundle charges, and any extra charges will be credited back on the following bill.

Whilst you are in the pro ratered period the application will never give an accurate usage or remaining allowance, wait until you have the bill in your hands, and if you need clarification you will be in a better position to raise this with Customer Services.