Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF destroying my credit file unlawfully

Rkeeley
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

In 2016, a sim card was taken out in my name without my knowledge, online apparently. I spent 10s of hours at the time trying to resolve this and say it’s nothing to do with me. Eventually VF stopped sending me any bills and I assumed all was sorted. Some months later I see a default on my credit file. I then spent many more hours trying to reverse this damage, however, VF couldn’t find any trace of this account. Seemed like there was nothing I could do. Fast forward 8 years, and I was meant to be applying for a house this week, however, I look at my credit file and another default for the same account has appeared on my file. This means it would remain on my file for a further 6 years, totally 14 years in total i frantically contacted the fraud team and explained the above, with someone reassuring me this would get fixed. I then get a short email saying they found no fraud and closing the case.  I have since put in a new fraud case.  I am unable to apply for a mortgage and have spent a lot of money on solicitors, fees, brokers etc all for nothing. Vodafone have illegally blemished my credit file (and on mu birthday too for good measure, thanks Vodafone). 
What do I do? My solicitor wants to start litigation but it will take a long time and will miss out on the house I have already committed to buy.  HELP!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Ami

Hi @Rkeeley. Thanks for reaching out about this. I can absolutely understand your concerns and know how eager you'll be to get this sorted. Please reach out to our social media team here so that we can check this out for you. 

Hi Ami, thanks I have done this also.

Hi Ami, I have messaged via Instagram but not had a response. Can you help? 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for messaging us on our Social channels @Rkeeley - Has anyone replied to you yet? 

Hi Gemma; no not yet

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rkeeley - I've searched our Social Channels with the name you've registered to the Community with and nothing's showing. Please can you check if you've messaged us using @Vodafone UK on Instagram, as shown here

Yes i’ve messaged the correct account, and also double/triple checked.

my insta username is rkeeleyuk

Hi Gemma,

can I please have some urgent help! I need this resolved and not had any contact from Vodafone on social. I have sent several messages and no answer. This is an urgent and serious matter. Why am I being ignored?!?! Rkeeleyuk is my insta acc. 

@Rkeeley I am sorry we haven't been able to locate any messages from you, if possible could you please try messaging via our Facebook or X account, just in case there is an issue with us receiving messages from your Instagram account. As soon as we are able to view your message we will be able to look over your issue.