Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits 12 months – ROAMING questions

BeKind
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Looking at:  Vodafone  Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits > Inclusive roaming in 83 worldwide  > VFUK eSIM > 12 months > Monthly £43.

Plan details are:   Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits / 5G ready at no extra cost / Unlimited UK data, minutes & texts / Xtra: Device Care / Xtra: Unlimited Picture Messages / Xtra: Inclusive roaming in 83 worldwide destinations

What's included:  Take your home plan abroad > You can use your UK allowance of data, minutes and texts at no extra cost in more European and worldwide destinations than ever (Zones A, B, and C).

Australia is in Zone C

––– Does that mean I can go to Australia and basically make unlimited calls and send unlimited SMS messages from there to the UK an 82 other countries?  And also have unlimited data whilst roaming in Australia?

14 REPLIES 14

Hey @BeKind I hope you are doing well. As per the Acceptable Use Policy, You must not use any inclusive roaming services more than would be reasonably expected. Use of our services while you are
roaming is intended for temporary, periodic travel such as holidays and short breaks.

For that reason we will compare your UK usage to your usage abroad and if over a 4 month period, you make more calls, send more texts and use more data outside of the UK than you do when you are in the UK, you'll be classed as a Permanent Roamer which means you will be charged extra each month to access and use your services. 

Your service may be disconnected if you don't adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy but you'll be notified before this happens. 

If you are in Australia and anyone from the UK texts or calls you then they will be charged International rates unless they have an International call bundle added onto their plan. Therefore it may be best to have them contact you via other methods such as Whatsapp via their home Wi-Fi. 

The best team to speak to will be the Sales team on 0333 304 0191 or via LiveChat as they can go through all available options and Terms and Conditions with you. 

It's also important to note that you must be in the UK to activate your SIM. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Hey @Effie 

-----
If you are in Australia and anyone from the UK texts or calls you then they will be charged International rates unless they have an International call bundle added onto their plan. Therefore it may be best to have them contact you via other methods such as Whatsapp via their home Wi-Fi. 
-----

I presume you meant if someone from UK calls the Australian number. If calling the UK Number, then it comes out of the Callers UK Bundle like any other call to a UK number.

@Getafix Thanks very much, I certainly did mean that UK calls to an Australian number can lead to out of bundle charges. My apologies that this wasn't clear, I appreciate you flagging this! 

garetc
12: Established
12: Established

That SIM isn't meant for extended time away from the UK so you could end up triggering a cost.

None of the UK networks would allow you to be based away from the UK for a significant period of time and use roaming.

Getafix

Inclusive or Daily Paid roaming includes any Calls/Texts to a UK Number or in the Country you are.
Note: Europe is considered as a single country.

You are limited to 25GB Data usage per trip. Also you are limited to number of days you can roam without connecting back in UK.

I have had inclusive Roaming for a very long time and never reached any of the limits. I have never been away more than 20 days so Limit must be more than that. Never hit 25GB either. My Annual Roaming is about 40-50 days and mainly USA and Kenya. I used to have 15GB tariff and never went over the data. At Last Renewal had to get Unlimited Data as only the Top Tariff includes 83 Country Roaming.

If you were to make an International Call, In Australia and Calling NZ, you will be charged same as calling UK to NZ.

Several years ago I had prepared a Roaming Guide, believe most of it is still Valid except the charges.
Search for "Roaming - My Simple Guide"