cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone and dissapointment with customer loyality?

Glen1234
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been a loyal customer with Vodafone for over 12 years. I have always been able to get a good deal that suits both sides Untill now. First off I am very unhappy that a new customer can get disscount off a phone if they have the rite job or know someone that does??? Why could someone with 12 years good custom and that pays there bill on time not also get this deal??

I will tell you why it is not on the customer service peoples screen and it is not there fault. I have had lots of phone calls to all different customer service people and all they want to do is make sales and targets but are unable to do so because they have had a lot of there discounts taken away to help with sales. I tried to get a note 8 phone 6 months ago and no discount could be awarded as this was the only phone the vodafone do not discount all other stores do. But i could get it at a discount on a second contract this again does not make sence? I would like to ask that Vodafone to sort out long customer service by giving somthing back if not i am going to leave in the next monyh as there are better deals to be had with other companys and still be with a Vodafone signal if i deside to still use them.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Glen1234

I have seen some other posts on the Community Forum where people have been disappointed at what they can get from an upgrade. 

Some are at their early upgrade date which means they are in a weaker position to negotiate. 

Some are at the end of their 24 Month contract and as such are in a stronger position. 

I always advise to call 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving Option which usually gets a person through to the Retentions Department. 

However even they have their limits to what can be offered to retain a customer. 

As far as I'm aware it's not a job Role a person has that enhances what they can get from a contract deal.

VEA Employers Discounts can apply if your company is included in that. 

As for loyalty sadly it's not really applicable in the world of mobile phone contracts. You pay your monthly payments as per your Terms and Conditions of signing up to a contract and Vodafone provide signal and a set amount of allowances. This is typically where it ends. 

If a person wants a flagship phone which the Samsung Note 8 was then unfortunately there's going to be less for Vodafone to offer as people want this phone so there's no need for Vodafone to offer big discounts. 

Some people have found a better deal going through Carphone Warehouse as they can offer some of the kickback they get for a contract from the Network back to the customer. 

They also tend to have a larger selection of phone models. 

The things to watch however is that discount such as VEA Employers isn't available if a contract is upgraded or taken out via an independent. 

And it's crucial to be sure they upgrade your contract and not add a new contract and suggest you move your original Vodafone mobile number over to the new contract. 

People do decide however to move networks but it's important to be sure that a new network offers adequate signal and data speeds where you Live, commute and work as not all networks offer the same signal in the same areas. Don't rely on online Network Signal Checkers as they are for indication only and as such a Payg SIM card really should be tested in those areas. 

All that said if this was me and I was happy with signal then I'd certainly keep trying to get a deal as close to what I'm looking for as possible. 

One agent may offer you a little more than another agent.  :Winking_smiley:

Good luck. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.