Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone missed payment appearing on report almost 7 years later

Ghird
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

My stupid teenage self missed a payment at the end of my Vodafone contract in July 2017 which I didn't realise had an impact on my credit score until 2022, at which point it was impossible to get through to Vodafone to make the payment. So I figured I'd wait until 7 years after the initial delinquency and it would be removed automatically. However last Month (may 2024) there was a note on my file saying I missed a Vodafone payment that same month, which is clearly not true as I haven't had a contract with them since July 2017. This has tanked my credit score which was slowly building up over the years. Does anyone have any suggestions or know why this would appear suddenly almost 7 years later? I'm fully aware that paying the bill now will have little to no impact on the credit score 

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Ghird, we can take a look into this for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, we'll be be unable to do this here. Pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be happy to help 😊