Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone refusing to block lost iphone

CaptainO
2: Seeker

I reported my phone lost a few weeks back whilst on holiday.  Got back to find that the handset and sim had not been blocked as promised.  Vodafone is now refusing to block the handset IMEI as I did not buy the iphone from them (bought direct from Apple).  

I now cannot proceed with an insurance claim for a new handset as the IMEI is not showing as blocked. Apple say that it is up to the network to block it, and they can do nothing other than an erase through iCloud, which I have done already, but as data was not on whilst roaming that request cannot go through to the phone.

Filed a formal complaint, and spoke with too many frustrating scripted robots.  I just need to block the IMEI on this handset!!  HELP!!

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I would have thought that as long as the iPhone's imei is showing on their systems and there is usage info that it's been used by you I cannot fathom why Vodafone can not add this imei to the blacklist systems. 

I always buy my phones sim free and haven't had issues having them rightfully blocked. 

Obviously they'll want to ensure that everything is correct and they are acting correctly. 

One of the Vodafone Support Team here maybe able to further assist / explain. Please give them time to catch up with your thread 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @CaptainO

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

That would be great, if someone replied to my message.

No help whatsoever from Vodafone.  Now taking this to the Ombudsman and OFCOM as they should be required by law to blacklist a phone at the customers request if it is lost/stolen.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CaptainO We're unable to respond to private messages. 

You'll need to click the link in the private message you've sent under 'click here'. 

Once you've done this, you'll receive an automated email containing a reference number [#12344556] - if you let us know this number, we'll chase this up. :smileyhappy:

Submitted twice now.  On screen confirmation that Vodafone has received it, but no email.  My email account does work, and it's not gone to spam. :smileymad:

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @CaptainO

I've sent you a private message in regards to getting in touch with us.

Thanks,

Will

SIGC

Vodafone please help to resolve, Iphone stolen but Vodafone customer services say they cannot block the phone with the IMEI no. as it was not purchased from Vodafone. Insurance will not pay out until the phone reflects that the IMEI number is blocked.

As I understand it Vodafone is obliged to block stolen phones used on their network?

Look forward to resolving this.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SIGC - I’m sorry to hear your phone has been stolen.

So we can access your account, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi

I am having a similar issue. I have requested for my phone to be blocked several times however I have received the below from the insurance company. 

Proof of your handset being Blacklisted: Your handset is still not showing as being blacklisted with your network on the national database and the document provided shows Proof of barring for the sim card but not for the handset.