cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

fair usage limit of 25GB applies when using mobile data while roaming.

Paulyp
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

25gb is scandalous when my uk limit is 250gb, ##~##.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

In line with all networks Vodafone have had a FUP on data roaming for years.  You are not using the UK network, roaming is optional not contractual and you agree to the roaming terms when you roam.  You might want to read your T & Cs.

Thank you robot. 

Hey @Paulyp I appreciate that the Fair Usage limit can be frustrating, however as @AnnS has rightly pointed out, the policy is in place across all networks. Our Community Champions are here to help so please keep all posts polite and respectful. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member

@Effie Question for you, when does the 25GB FUP Start and End?

eg, travelling to USA, Starts the moment I land, move to Canada, does the USA FUP end and new one Start for Canada or the 25GB continue?
Since both are Inclusive Roaming, another eg, Kenya and then move to Tanzania where charged daily rate. Does FUP restart as moving from Free to Daily?

Hey @Getafix. The 25GB limit starts when you land and it refreshes when you plan refreshes (For Vodafone, this is the day your bill produces)

If you are travelling abroad from USA to Canada, the 25GB won't refresh as you are still roaming, it restarts when you land back in the UK and you are back to your normal monthly data allowance.

The same will happen in Kenya and Tanzania, as both are limited to 25GB under the FUP.

If you use more than 25GB data in our inclusive roaming destinations, you can buy more data at:

• £3.65 for 1GB
  • £18.25 for 5GB

We’ll text you about how to buy more data once you’re near the 25GB threshold.

For mor information on roaming, please visit our roaming page here - https://vodafone.uk/46o2ptA.

Getafix

Thanks for the clarification.