Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to make phone calls while abroad

damp82
2: Seeker

Hi!

I was in France last week, had purchased an 8-day roaming pass and had all call bars removed.

I could receive phone calls but was not able to make any calls to the UK. Sometimes I was getting a message saying something like "call to this number is restricted from this phone", or sometimes I was getting no message at all and the call was ended.

I had a lengthy chat with an advisor and went through the standard troubleshooting steps (switch the phone on and off, reset network settings) but in the end I was given a mobile phone number to ring which is incorrect.

There was a similar issue here, dating from 2019, and I was unable to solve it as the options are no longer available. https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/connections-to-this-number-is-restricted-on-this-phone-w...

I am now back to the UK and would like to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. I have just spoken to an advisor and was advised to wait until my next trip...

Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!

Damien

2 REPLIES 2

Lucy_F

Hi @damp82 sorry to hear this trouble you've faced whilst roaming. You've mentioned all bars were removed from your Vodafone service, was your Spend Manager threshold set, but not set to £0? This is something that can be checked and managed via your online account and app. It would now be difficult for us to troubleshoot and resolve the issue as you're no longer experiencing such issue. If you do encounter this issue again, please reach out to our team via the contact information here and we can get things looked into. 

damp82

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for your response. The spend manager was set at £50 during that period. I will get back to the team if this happens again!

Thanks again,

Damien