Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot unlock Note 8

DANIELSARTIN
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have been a business customer of Vodafone for 20+ years. Continually shocked by just how poor the service is. It is impossible to use the phone system and get what you need. Your only option is to say you want to leave Vodafone to be put through to a person. We paid off a Note 8 contract years ago but cannot get it unlocked. No help from support; have spent days on this.

Please can I have some support on here to get this £800 phone unlocked. It is no longer Vodafone's property! Was promised an email today - nothing turned up. Spent £6 on a new Sim from Virgin but it is not there problem - it is Vodafone;s locked phones which they will not unlock! NUC code does not work. Never given an option to enter an NUC code. Wants a PUK code but will not accept the PUK codes offered by Virgin. This is a Vodafone problem - look at the posts on here. I need support to get this fixed or i will overcome my inertia and move the business account to Virgin.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @DANIELSARTIN 

Thankfully Vodafone have now stopped supplying phone's that are locked to their network out of the box, which is in line with the ruling by Ofcom which comes officially into place from December 2021.

More here ofcom.org.uk/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locked-handsets. 

I appreciate this does not help you with your situation but I thought it worth mentioning to you and anyone performing a forum search in need of advice.

Ignore the request for a Puk as this is typically needed if a sim card has become locked due to a sim 4 digit security pin being inputted too many times.

Personal_unblocking_key … Puk. 

Some Samsung phone's need a Mck Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc to enable the unlocking to all Network's.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can get you this if you contact them via their Social Media Channels.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.