cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issue getting an unlock code from Vodafone. Anyone else have issues.

enuru99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I put through a bleeding request for an unlock code from vodafone on the 31st October. Site says 7 working days. They keep giving the run around asking me to wait another fexender w days.

Is this the usual scenario in terms of timescale? Anyoomegle ne else experienced the same delays?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As from December 2021 all phone's supplied from Vodafone UK are unlocked to all networks as deemed by Ofcom.

For phone's supplied before this date then if another alternative activated Network Sim card does not work then Vodafone will supply a Nuc which is usually fast for most main stream models of phone's as they typically have the code on file.

However sometimes they have to contact the manufacturer to get a code which can delay the process by 7 to 10 days approximately. 

On a side note An iPhone shouldn't be locked however if one is then Vodafone ask Apple to release it from their database which can take up to approximately 30 days. No Nuc is required to unlock an iPhone as Apple do this centrally.

It's a case of periodically inserting another network sim card and trying.

Apple Support Link > How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different network provider. 

In the past because of delays some owners have resorted to using a reputable online unlocking service and or a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's but this would come hand in hand with a fee charged by said company.

Although people who meet the eligibility criteria shouldn't have to go down this route !

You could ask the Vodafone Social Media Team's to intervene to see if they can help too.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Live Chat may also be able to help.

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.