Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MCK code

Natasham92
2: Seeker

Please can someone advise.

I ended my contract with Vodafone at the end of November and was provided with a NUC code. I gave this code to the new buyer of the phone and now the phone is asking for an MCK code. I asked Vodafone for this and they said that this needs to be provided by samsung. I contacted Samsung and they said this would need to be provided by Vodafone as they sold the phone to them. I have then gone back to Vodafone and the person I spoke to said they will send a second NUC code which would be the same as an MCK code? Not sure if this is accurate information as I thought both codes had different functions. I have paid for a phone I can't use and Vodafone are doing little to help, no one seems to be able to provide this code. Any assistance would be great, especially as this phone now has a new owner. 

Can they take it into a shop to be unlocked of all fails?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The advice to approach Samsung for the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code is poor as you've found out @Natasham92 

They can't help with a branded phone i.e a phone that's been supplied directly by Vodafone.

The Nuc and MCK are indeed different.

You would insert the activated non Vodafone Sim card and then enter the MCK. Don't worry if it says it's wrong or invalid and then key in the Nuc.

I would suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they are fully aware of what a MCK is.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store can't help unlock the phone.

A Standalone shop that advertises they unlock phones may but they'll charge you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks BandofBrothers, I have sent Vodafone a Facebook message as the advisers on the chat feature were unhelpful, I have spoken with 3 different advisors today who have provided different information.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Natasham92 

Let's see if we can all get this sorted for you  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Softcell

The second code or alternate code is the MCK code. Even though it is sent through on a document suggesting it is another NUC. The advisors all seem poorly trained , one saying one thing many times incorrectly. I had to go to a good website and pay £16.95 and i obtained all my phone codes in 2h. This is how I matched the mck with the second code sent via Vodafone. 

One advisor gave me the email address for stolen phones assuring me they could help, which they could not because ..guess what ? It is not their department. I was given an email for nucresolutions though they never got back to me.  

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It's unfortunate to hear of your experience trying to obtain your Master Unlock Code @Softcell - This isn't the journey we would want for any of our customers. If you would like this fed back internally please get in touch with us on social media.