Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My NUC Code has stopped working

rs2020
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I was given a NUC code by Vodafone last year and I was able to use that to use a local non vodafone sim when i travelled to India but when i tried this in UK with a giffgaff SIM it didnt work. 

I get a message "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

When i enter the NUC code, it says unlock unsucessfull. 

I then tried with Vodafone india SIM that used to work prevously on the phone and I get same issue.

I did do a factory reset since it worked successfully with a non vodafone PIN>

I checked with Vodafone an dthey confirmed that the NUC is correct.

Can someone help please.

The phone is Samsung S8

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's a conundrum @rs2020  because when a Nuc is used and is successful the phone would always remain unlocked to all networks  ! It wouldn't re lock to Vodafone UK. 

The only ongoing issues I've come across is when a person first tries to use a Nuc on a Samsung Galaxy phone but then also needs a MCK mastercode also known as an unfreeze code but as your phone unlocked to all networks this is why I'm assuming Vodafone still see the phones status as unlocked.

Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 pandemic all the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres are closed who could have run a diagnostic test on the phone although they can't help with unlocking.

You could use Checkmend to see the status of your phone for a small fee.

checkmend. 

Perhaps consider as a very last resort another factory reset after backing up.

Maybe visiting abroad has somehow changed or affected the phones connection settings while using the local sim card. Check the relevant settings.

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe.🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, i have tried factory reset couple of time , i still get the same issue.

When i spoke to vodafone, they said my NUC is correct .

I asked them again today and they they said i dont need a master reset and i should request a new NUC code so have done that.

BandOfBrothers

That's correct about the MCK mastercode as it's only needed if the Nuc does not work Initially @rs2020 

In your case your saying it did.

Did you see any kind of congratulatory or unlocked message on screen when you inputted the Nuc ?

I appreciate that the local sim card worked abroad but did you manage to use a UK sim card before you travelled abroad.  Did you use the Nuc when you was in the UK? 

Current Phone  >

I did try it in UK with my Giffgaff past year before taking it to India and it did work with Giffgaff back then.

I don't remember the message as this was early last year when I first used the nuc.

BandOfBrothers

So as the Giffgaff sim card worked in the UK before going abroad and the status of the phone being unlocked to all networks wouldn't change I think this may have something to you going abroad and using a local sim card. Usually when another sim is inserted then set up files , texts etc are sent to the phone so it'll work on the chosen network.

Check in the phones settings please for any user certificates etc that look to belong to the local sim card you inserted while abroad @rs2020 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >