cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network SIM blocked PUK CODE Supplied does not work. Being held to ransom for using a different netw

lornadon
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am a Vodafone customer of 19yrs. I recently upgraded to a S10 so have handed my old S8 to my son. We have a great deal from VIRGIN (Who supply our Tv& broadband) for unlimited calls & data for £10 month. Inserting his SIM and the phone is blocked. I have spent 5hrs+ trying to get this resolved. I have gone through VIRGIN and Vodafone. I have been given a PUK code for the IMEI number of the phone but it still doesn't work. We have tried 4Sim cards, initially thinking we'd blocked the SIM. The issue is definitely Vodafone blocking the phone so I can't use another network.

A good phone is now totally useless. I am paying £10 to VIRGIN for no service. All Vodafone can now say is as their PUK doesn't work, to advise  me to go back to Vodafone ... they have similar deal for £17 a month. I am so angry. I am already signed up to £10month and a better deal but you want me to pay twice as you cannot be bothered to sort this.

If my phone which I own is being blocked by you and rendered useless you should be either replacing my phone to one I can use like for like or giving me a free Vodafone SIM as compensation to match VIRGIN's deal. When I finally managed to get through your text bot I then get cut off x3. They keep telling me PUK code supplied should work but it doesn't.

Can a real person who actually knows what they are doing fix this. Customer service completely shocking.

Count this post as a formal complaint. If you cannot get this resolved with either option above. Next step ombudsman and I want a letter of deadlock. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A Puk is only needed if a person activates their 4 digit sim pin which stops it being inserted into another phone and then if that 4 digit pin is entered too many times in error it blocks the sim hence the need for a Puk.

It has nothing to do with unlocking the phone to all networks @lornadon 

We've seen this discussed on the forum quite regularly unfortunately.

What you need from Vodafone Customer services on 191 or Live Chat is a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code along with a Nuc which is the code supplied by Vodafone when they've filled out the Nuc unlocking online form via Vodafone unlock-code-request. 

Also the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can help.

As there is no account access via this forum anymore you can raise a complaint if necessary via Here. 

Hopefully soon all phones will be supplied unlocked if Ofcom have their way 》Ofcom _ ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nice attempt at advice but I have also had the same problem. Nobody in Vodafone seems to know about the master code and they have so far waisted 6-8hrs of my time with little useful effect.

Unless I have unintentionally set a 4pin code however I have put in a new sim and my account is no longer with Vodafone.

The new sim  in  the phone has a pin which I know but fails to unlock on the phone as it should. It asks for a puk but none provided work from either provider.

Really unhappy, and will be taking this up with ombudsman, submitting to papers and watchdog.

If it cannot be unlocked then replacement is the only fair option yet never considered.

I will now never buy another network locked phone.

Hi @imageclix71, we're sorry to hear about your experience and the time spent trying to resolve your query. On the previous message, BandOfBrothers has posted a link with our Facebook and Twitter details. We would recommend dropping our team a private message on Social Media, when you do this, please include your Community username.