Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlock Code

Abdroid18
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been trying to get a NUC for a month now.

I have spoken to so many people at Vodafone. Over the phone and online. Each time, they promise me a 24 hour time frame because I've been made 'priority'. The device I want unlocked is a phone ive owen for 2 years. 

It has been escalated to customer relations apparently. Who also promised me a 24 hour time frame. That was over a week ago.

I'm working from home so need to put my work sum in my old phone urgently. 

Vodafone have given me a bunch of lies. Everytime I speak to someone from Vodafone, they apologise for the last person I spoke to before them telling me they give me false information.

Ive even had one person at Vodafone promise me he will personally text me when the NUC arrives? 

Vodafone mention that they might need to contact Samsung to get the code. When I spoke to Samsung, the said tbat only Vodafone has codes and that Samsung do not lock their own phones.

At one point Vodafone tried to palm me off with the lock code '000000' which also had a completely different IMEI number than my phone.

Has anyone else experienced AWFUL customer service from Vodafone? 

What can I do next? Because it looks like Vodafone aren't even bothering to get the code. And if they are, they're constantly lying to me daily and pointing the blame at each other.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

So it sounds like you need a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc @Abdroid18 

I'm not sure why they can't just supply this with the Nuc but it's an ongoing frustration by Samsung phone owners.

Samsung as you've found out won't engage with a person over a network locked phone.

the sooner ofcom make networks supply phones unlocked already the better.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can get you this if you contact them directly.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers.

I've just sent them a message with what you've said. I hope I can get this sorted soon. It seems to be such a big palava to get a phone owned by me for over 2 years, unlocked.

Vodafone are truly awful!

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Abdroid18 

The Team can get you the MCK Mastercode if that is what's needed for your Samsung Phone.

The quicker this happens the better IMO 》ofcom.org.uk > ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.