Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 6300 Unlock

alitata
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have a Nokia 6300 which I want to unlock to EE. (Just to check coverage with EE in my area as there is no vodafone coverage)

I've put the EE SIM in the phone and entered the unlock code but it doesn't work.  

Anyone know please what I should do.  The Nokia 6300 doesn't appear in Vodafone list of instructions for unlocking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The general advice is that a working sim card needs to be used. 

Can you get it activated first and then insert it into the Nokia phone to try unlocking it. 

This was from an older thread...

"You need to enter the code given below on the main front screen of the phone,the same way you would do if you were going to make a phone call on the phone. When you enter Key #pw+NUC+1# when you enter the last # it will then display the message "sim restriction off"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi @alitata

Did Vodafone supply the phone ?

Did they supply the unlock code ?

Is the EE SIM Card activated i.e working ?

Current Phone  >

Hi, thanks

Did Vodafone supply the phone ? - yes it was one of my early phones on contract with Vodafone

Did they supply the unlock code ? - yes a couple of days ago

Is the EE SIM Card activated i.e working ? - no, haven't had chance to do anything with it yet. I just put it in the phone, and it said it was restricted and I can't go any further.

Ali

BandOfBrothers

The general advice is that a working sim card needs to be used. 

Can you get it activated first and then insert it into the Nokia phone to try unlocking it. 

This was from an older thread...

"You need to enter the code given below on the main front screen of the phone,the same way you would do if you were going to make a phone call on the phone. When you enter Key #pw+NUC+1# when you enter the last # it will then display the message "sim restriction off"

Current Phone  >

Thanks, I will top it up with credit and hopefully that will activate it.

I did see that previous thread, and tried to enter #pw etc. into the main screen but couldn't get past the # as I couldn't see how to create the letters p and w - it just kept coming up with 7s each time!

Ali

Hi again

It worked!  I worked out you have to press the *+ key to get the p and w letters to come up.

THanks for all your help!

Ali

BandOfBrothers

You are very welcome @alitata

Good to hear your all sorted. 

Enjoy the rest of your day. 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Thank you guys, 

Your hint led me to: https://www.mobifreedom.net/unlocking-instructions-for-nokia-1208 where I found out how to pit in the p,w and 1 which wasn't clear on the original lead.

The below may help anyone else with this problem:

Use the * (Star) Key to get the p w and + characters.
Press * key 3 times for p
Press * key 4 times for w
Press * key 2 times for +

Thanks, Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to all that replied

Found the answer on a web search

The procedure you both offered 

#pw+NUC+1#

was correct, but you do that WITHOUT a SIM in, as if you insert the SIM first you are immediately asked to enter access control code and for some reason the NUC entered there, fails returning CODE ERROR

without the SIM in, the above works perfectly as I entered the last hash, the phone returned - access control removed.

Thank you again I am obliged to you