Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Requested NUC in January no response, again in March no response

psk52
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had requested the NUC via the website back in january for my Sony Xperia 5 bought from vodafone. No response after confirming email address.

Requested again at the end of March. i was concerned as to whether i should have got a response so i spoke to at advisor who simply made the same request again rather than investigating why the first didnt work.

still never got any messages or email providing the NUC.

finally in april switched to another provider after 8 years (with vodafone) and contract inexplicably skyrocketting during rollover contract period. so now due to the way vodafone online login works can no longer access account to see finals bills or resolve this issue properly because my number has ported.

Now have a useless, perfectly working phone which i tried unlocking at an independant shop and they say it cannot be done

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone did start supplying phones already unlocked out of the box so it might be worth trying an activated network sim card from another network @psk52  if you haven't already 

If it is locked then they have to supply a Nuc.

Try engaging with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

An alternative is to use a reputable online unlocking site or a Highstreet Store that advertise they unlock phone's,  however they'll charge a fee.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @psk52 

You will have access to your bills for 6 months after closing the account, Vodafone recommend registering an alternative number to receive the code, but if you are using the same number you will still be able to receive the security code, when logged in it might be worth registering another number, you never know when you will want to check on your past bills.

As far as unlocking your phone is concerned, the phone was released September 2019, long before networks stopped locking phones.  It's a shame the first unlock code didn't work and you should have received a second code, I am wondering if the advisor you spoke to actioned the request. It won't do any harm completing the form again, even though you have left Vodafone, they will still have access to the account with the IMEI registered.

If you want to save yourself a lot of trouble there are online sites where you will be able to get the phone unlocked.  There is further information from Sony here: My Xperia smartphone is operator locked. How can I unlock it? 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting in touch @psk52 - I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues getting your phone unlocked and I'd love to get this all sorted for you. 

Please come and chat to my team via social media and if you pop a link to your post along with your username, you won't need to repeat yourself 🙂