Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

Rutledge
4: Newbie

Question! I know the phones are locked to Vodafone, but what about the virtual sim in the iPhone XS? can anyone confirm if these are also locked or unlocked?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rutledge

There have been previous threads on the forum asking questions about the eSIM, if you do a search these will come up and unless things have changed, Vodafone don't support the eSIM and you will find Vodafone are still working with Apple to introduce the feature to the network, this means Vodafone would have been unable to activate the eSIM and lock it to the network.

If you are trying to get the phone unlocked, you would only need the one unlock code for the main Vodafone SIM. 

I hope the above answers your question.

@Rutledge

Please see this thread, there are some helpful new replies today.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iOS/Support-for-eSIM-in-the-iPhone-Xs/td-p/2607225

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Rutledge
4: Newbie

Can anyone confirm if the Virtual eSim in the iPhone XS are locked to Vodafone in the same way as the normal sim?

if i asked for the phone to be unlocked would i need to send both IMEI numbers?

Regards

BandOfBrothers

An interesting question @Rutledge one I've not considered personally. 

I would suggest phoning 191 and asking the agent about this and or ask for the Nuc email address.

That or let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread.

My best guess is that once Vodafone ask Apple to unlock the iPhone that would trigger it to be unlocked to all networks for it all 

In the interim if you find out would you let us know.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned above, VF don't offer eSIM yet, but a good website for iPhone users to keep an eye on is: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040

Great way of seeing which iPhone features are offered on which networks. As you can see for the UK, EE is the only one to offer the eSIM feature.

AnnS

Hi @Rutledge

There have been previous threads on the forum asking questions about the eSIM, if you do a search these will come up and unless things have changed, Vodafone don't support the eSIM and you will find Vodafone are still working with Apple to introduce the feature to the network, this means Vodafone would have been unable to activate the eSIM and lock it to the network.

If you are trying to get the phone unlocked, you would only need the one unlock code for the main Vodafone SIM. 

I hope the above answers your question.

@Rutledge

Please see this thread, there are some helpful new replies today.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iOS/Support-for-eSIM-in-the-iPhone-Xs/td-p/2607225

Thanks for the reply

Any update on esim for iPhone XS Max. Why is it taking to long for Vodafone to introduce the new technology. Vodafone has to come up with an answer. Keep getting the same reply, when it’s available it will come up on coming soon page. My question is when. Another year.....???

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@azazsons - I'm sorry there's no further information at the moment, other than what we've advised previously. 

It’s disgraceful that a network that is meant to be launching 5G shortly and class themselves as the UKs leading network and also has its global head office in the UK still can’t deliver eSIM. 

Vodafone in other countries either had itnon launch day or a couple of months later 

come on Vodafone get your act together.