cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM.

LolM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM.  However, when I input the PUK, I get the message "unlock unsuccessful", before I've even tried the unlock code!

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately we've seen this regularly @LolM 

Ignore the Puk request as it has nothing to do with unlocking.

It's the phone getting confused.

What you need from customer services is the Mck mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc for some Samsung Phones.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can also get it from the Nuc department for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.  I've posted a query on the Vodafone Facebook page. 

Well, I've been talking to various people on the Facebook page and the chat function on Vodafone's website. Just going round in circles!  

Getting increasingly fed up!

BandOfBrothers

When you've specifically asked them to ask the Nuc department for the MCK Mastercode  / Unfreeze Code what have they said to you @LolM  ?

Current Phone  >

They've asked me whether I've tried the PUK, whether I've tried the NUC,  what error message I get.  Then they've derided the advice I got from you on here and asked me all the same questions again... and again...

Someone called Mark has just told me he's referred my case back to the NUC team and they'll sort it. As it's not the  first time in the last three days I've been told that,  I'm not too hopeful. 

BandOfBrothers

I'm not surprised your unimpressed with this.

Thankfully Ofcom are set to change this.

ofcom.org.uk/ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

I've seen previous posts where a person has given up on the network and unlocked the phone via a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones or have used an online unlocking site  !

Current Phone  >

i've got my family on Vodafone. It's not the cheapest provider, but the service has been good so far. Now i've seen how the company behaves when things aren't going quite right i'll be movinig to other providers as soon as the various renewals roll around.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If you do need any further assistance after our Unlocking team get in touch @LolM, I can see we now have you in our Facebook messages. You can pop a message back to Mark in our team and we'll be able to help you from there 👍

I just saw this email from the NUC team. Are they just going to send me another NUC, when the phone is asking for a PUK? 

The advice from others in this forum is that I need an MCK to resolve the issue.