Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Palm PVG100E

beardymatt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently purchased from eBay a Palm PVG100E sometimes called Palm Mini or Palm Pepito, I was aware when I purchased it that it was locked to Vodafone. I went through the online NUC form but within a few minutes I got the following response,

"Hello,

You recently asked us to unlock your device so you can use it on another network. It looks like you are trying to unlock a device that belongs to a corporate account.

What you need to do next,

If you're trying to unlock a business device, please submit your request through our corporate portal "VCO". If you do not have a VCO account, please contact your dedicated Vodafone Customer Service Team.
If you have a device on a personal account please submit the form with the IMEI for that device. The IMEI previously submitted is associated with a corporate account."

I have been in contact with the seller and he advised me that he also bought the device from eBay so he also is not the original account holder. I can prove that I have legitimately purchased the device etc and therefore own the device in its entirety, if this is the case why do Vodafone make it so difficult to remove the lock they have placed on a device that they no longer have a legitimate financial claim to?

It even states on the following Vodafone webpage,

"You don't need to be the account holder to get a NUC."

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Phones-devices/Unlocking-a-device/1464015512/How-do-I-get-a-Network-U...

Any advise would be helpful, the "Live Chat" seems to be broken as it just says "Loading, Please Wait",

Many Thanks

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @beardymatt 

Please see this link: Phone Unlocking - NUC Update 

If you scroll down to useful information you will see that Vodafone are unfortunately unable to provide a NUC for a Palm device.

You can try a third party unlocking site but this will be chargeable.

You should still be able to use a Vodafone SIM in the device. 

That doesn't make any sense as the reply I got from Vodafone and the information given to me from the helpline assistant confirmed an NUC does exist for this handset, the handset asks for the code to be entered when I put my 3 network sim card in.

The helpline assistant told me that all I needed was the account information relating to the original account holder and then the code would be provided, but this information is not available.

I don't understand why Vodafone seems to be so backwards in regards to locking phones etc

Thanks

Matt

AnnS

Due to an Ofcom ruling @beardymatt  networks no longer lock phones.

It looks like you have been misinformed, as you can see Palm devices are not listed on the dropdown menu here:  Unlocking 

So Vodafone helpline assistants don't know what they are advising on?

The assistant told me that the NUC was available but I needed more information in order to get it, the phone asks for a code so somewhere there is a code available to unlock this phone.  As it is locked to Vodafone it makes sense that Vodafone is where this code needs to come from.

Thanks

Matt