Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC request unsuccessful

cz3rny
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying to get help for this issue for the past two hours, but Vodafone/VOXI's customer service is shocking, so I'm posting on here as a last resort.

I'm trying to unlock my old phone before I sell it off (in fact, someone's already bought it from me and they said they're happy to wait until it's been unlocked before I ship it to them, so I'm trying to get this done ASAP). It was originally bought straight from Vodafone a few years ago. I tried filling out that NUC request form, and both times I tried it, it came back unsuccessful because "the IMEI number provided was not originally supplied by Vodafone".
I definitely typed in the IMEI correctly, and the phone was definitely supplied by Vodafone, so I have no clue how to go about fixing this. Vodafone's phone number/online chat services aren't helping whatsoever. How on earth can I unlock this phone? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @cz3rny 

If the phone hasn't been used on the Vodafone Network for a while then this could be the issue.

Use your sim card in the phone to make some calls etc then after a day or two try the form again.

If you have used your Vodafone sim card in the phone recently then something is glitching.

Don't fill out too many unlocking requests as this can then highlight as potential fraud on Vodafones systems.

Instead as the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM for help > Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

And or keep trying Vodafone / Voxi Customer services.

One alternative option is to use a reputable online unlocking site or a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones but that would come at a cost by way of whatever fee they charge.

May I also assume you've tried an activated alternative network sim card in the phone just to make sure it's not already unlocked? 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you so much for your response, @BandOfBrothers!

I tried putting in a sim from a different network provider and the phone was unusable, it wanted me to put in an NUC before I could use it with the alternate sim in, so it's definitely locked, unfortunately :Sad_face:

It's been roughly a month since I took the sim from the phone I'm trying to unlock. I'll try doing as you say and popping the sim back in again for a while to see if it helps.

Thanks again. :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome @cz3rny

If that doesn't work then please do engage with customer service and or the Vodafone Social Media Teams to get this resolved. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.