Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking hell

Marco48
2: Seeker

Please help as I am going of my mind! All I want to so is unlock my phone. Been passed about from one person to the other. I have ended up having to pay £23 for a private company to do it. I have just upgraded with Vodafone again but after this circus it could be my last time.

19 REPLIES 19

chbwilliams1

Will keep my eye on this as I have just posted about a similar problem! 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Marco48 Are you saying the phone is still locked to our network, even after paying a private company to unlock it another way? 

When you've requested us to unlock the phone, did you do so via the NUC form online? If so, what issue did you run into that stopped us from unlocking the phone? 

@chbwilliams1 I've replied to you on your other thread regarding unlocking, please can you get back to me on there; so the query is threaded in one place. 

Yes the phone is still locked to Vodafone as we speak, I paid £24.99 to a private company unfortunately that turned out to be a scam so I lost my money, I was speaking with Vodafone this morning and they text me an activation code but that turned out to useless as it is still locked, i contacted Vodafone straight after and an adviser informed me that the phone was still locked and could not understand where her colleague had got that code from, so yes the phone is still locked to Vodafone and I am no further forward, unfortunately I have just started a 2 year upgrade but I assure Vodafone it will be my last, I spent a lot of money on the previous contract and am now left with a phone that is useless   I have filled in 2 NUC forms & endless amount of phone calls to Vodafone but to no avail,

I am going to buy my wife a new unlocked phone for her to use & dispose of my note 9. I have had enough,

Never again with Vodafone

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Marco48 When was it that you last submitted an NUC form online? i.e. a rough date. Also when submitting the NUC form off, have you ever received correspondence back from us via email? 

Last week, I think round about 20th August, & had no replies, the first one was around 19th August, again no replies

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Marco48 So you haven't received any automated emails, that seem generic and just confirm that we've received your form/request? You should instantly get one after submitting the form, it'd typically include a unique reference number too. 

No, no emails confirming forms submitted, I have just got off the phone to Vodafone as they rang me back about the issue, the Vodafone rep stated they cannot find a code for my phone, she said she will look further into the situation tomorrow, not going to hold my breath though, I have seen a couple of phones on ebay which look decent the auctions finish later today so will see how they go, if decent price I will buy one of them and end this fiasco, am just fed up of getting wound up with it all

Finally made a decision, I have cancelled my upgrade, my initial contract runs out late September, once that is complete I will get my pac code ( God willing ) and close all dealings & end this whole sharade for good, never again with Vodafone 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Marco48, I'm really sorry to hear you'll no longer be upgrading with us and are now looking to leave! We can still turn things around for you here. If your initial request was sent on 19 August you should get an automatic reply from us within 24-48 hours. If this hasn't been the case have these been sent to any spam or junk folders?  

Please also be aware that it can take up to 10 working days for us to receive the code from the manufacturer.