Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Want to unlock my iPhone XS

Bilalejaz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there...!

I'm Bilal and i'm from pakistan.Back in december 2019 I bought an iPhone xs from my country pakistan which is locked on vodafone.

My question is can I able to request NUC from pakistan through anyway from Pakistan or I ask my Cousin who is living in london to visit vodafone service centre near him but i dont want to interrupt him 

Give me suggestion to go with 
Thanks in Advance

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone UK isn't linked to your countries Vodafone network @Bilalejaz 

You'll need to request the unlock directly from the Vodafone network the iPhone is locked to.

They'll possibly have some criteria you'll need to complete.

Vodafone UK can't unlock it I'm afraid.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Could you please guide me bro from where I could get reach vodafone directly by myself...

any mailing or online chat except tobi 😂

TY 

AnnS

Hi @Bilalejaz 

You don't mention where you purchased a phone locked to Vodafone UK in Pakistan. 

With the phone needing to be used on the Vodafone UK network with a PAYG SIM for 30 days making some chargeable connections to prove ownership, your best bet would be to send the phone to your Cousin who is living in London.   When the phone has been used for 30 days in the UK on the local network your Cousin will need to follow this link to get the phone unlocked Unlock Your Phone and SIM 

Alternatively, take the phone somewhere reliable in Pakistan where there is an unlocking service.

Not possible to send back England because no one available to take and guide me any other way to unlock through visiting store in UK and asked them to unlock 

if i go with local unlocking service they are asking high price to unlock approximately 70 to 80£ 

AnnS

Hi @Bilalejaz 

Vodafone won't talk to you, you are not a customer with a Vodafone UK number and account to verify.

The criteria for unlocking is having to use the phone in the UK to prove ownership and connect the IMEI number to the SIM.  If you are unable to do this you won't be able to get the phone unlocked.  If you refer to this link How do I unlock my Vodafone device if I’m not a Vodafone customer? this will be explained.

I have suggested sending the phone to your Cousin, he lives in the UK, surely it is not unreasonable for you to ask for his help and assistance to simply order a free SIM here free SIM , top it up and use the phone on the UK network for 30 days and request the unlock, it's hardly an excessive demand.

If you are not prepared to send the phone to your Cousin you won't get the phone unlocked for free and that is going to mean having to pay the third party unlocking charges.

Perhaps you should go back to the seller, providing the phone is actually locked and not IMEI blacklisted having come from the UK, he may be able to help.

phone imei is Clean not blacklisted and the seller told me before selling it to me that this phone is locked to Vodafone UK

Is there anyway I pay fee to directly Vodafone Uk...??

BandOfBrothers

@Bilalejaz wrote:

phone imei is Clean not blacklisted and the seller told me before selling it to me that this phone is locked to Vodafone UK

Is there anyway I pay fee to directly Vodafone Uk...??

Unfortunately Vodafone UK wouldn't do that

The original owner can request its unlock if they will for you.

I assume you don't know anyone in the uk you could send the phone to ?

Or seek a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones for a fee.

Or sell that phone and buy one that will accept your sim card @Bilalejaz 

Current Phone  >

I have my cousin in Manchester and also in London 

thanks bro

BandOfBrothers

@Bilalejaz wrote:

I have my cousin in Manchester and also in London 

thanks bro

Cool.

Are you sending the iPhone to them then as this is the only way you'll get it unlocked via Vodafone UK.

Current Phone  >