Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sony xperia 5 unlocking problem

ipanic
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hello.... I try to unlock my Sony experia 5 so I can use it on another network.... unfortunately after I got from Vodafone the NUC code the phone is still locked.... I put the correct code in the corect place but I got the same message :"Unlock process unsuccessful"... Now I've got only 1 try left to unlock it whit a code.... Can you tell me what to do because I don't want to hard lock my phone

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ipanic 

Are you using an alternative network sim card that is activated ?

i.e connects to your new networks mobile data.

And are you currently in the UK.

If a search of the forums posts does not bring help in regards to your particular phone model then yes be careful because if you hard lock the phone Vodafone would then have to send it off.

Speak with customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to have them.cjeck the Nuc Code.

how-do-I-use-my-nuc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have the same problem of my Xperia 5, my new sim card is already activated for more than three months.

Of course I am in the England right now, I have tried to use my NUC for more than ten times but unsuccessful.

Unfortunately I have this experience with my other cell phone Xperia 10, got the NUC but can't be unlocked.

I had contacted the Vodafone online support chat with the staff..... Useless and waste my time.

Won't buy any locked Vodafone in the future

Hi @LungPoon 👋 I am really sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with this, there are only a limited amount of times you can try to enter the NUC before the device is completely locked, I have popped a link here where there are instructions from Sony on how to check this and what to do if this is the case, if you still have attempts left could you contact our social team by clicking here and we will be happy to take a further look at this.