main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

V by Vodafone

V-SOS Band alerts

1: Seeker

I purchased a V-SOS Band just over a month ago for my elderley mother to wear. She's semi-independent and goes out shopping by herself, but has been known to fall and not be able to get up. She also has health conditions where she can feel breathless and might need help quickly.

We thought that the V-SOS band would be ideal. She could call for help in case of an emergency, and we'd know exactly where she was whether she was at home or out. And the fall detection sounded like an excellent feature so that if she was unable to press the button, we'd still know that she needed help.

However there's one problem which makes the entire product useless - the alerts. There's currently no way to make the app do anything other than pop a notification on the screen along with whatever notification sound is selected. What we need instead is the option to make the phone make a loud sound as if the phone was ringing. And this sound needs to be able to override silent mode and push the phone volume to the maximum.

If my phone is in my bag, or I'm in a meeting or something, I'm not going to see a notification unless I look at my phone. If I'm asleep, I certainly won't notice a notification. The app needs a loud alarm that sounds continually until one of the contacts responds to the emergency. Either that or the device is not fit for purpose and needs to be refunded.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for your feedback @SushiGirl, anything that can improve the V-SOS band and make it safer for wearers is a plus. 

You can have yourself and up to four other family members alerted at any time when the band is pressed, or a fall happens; upping the chances that you'll be notified. The band also goes into emergency mode, where it displays a traffic light system; letting the wearing know if the alerts been received and help is on the way. There's also the option to tailor the alert notification in the easy to use app. 

Of course I'll make sure to pass along your comments to the relevant team for them to look into. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

View more options

Hi,

Hope someone can help. Recently purchased an SOS band for my dad who has just come out Of hospital. We seem to be getting the “band not in use”alert even when we know for a fact that he is wearing the band  and has moved. 

Obviously we need to know that the band is reliable so it quite concerning that is showing as not in use? 

Has anyone had this problem? Any advise appreciated! Faulty band? 

Thanks in advance!

View more options

Hi @Clancey, thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're facing with the V-SOS Band. I know it sounds silly, but are you certain the device is completely charged? If you take a look at this link, it shows the process in which you set up the band, it's worth making sure you haven't missed a step. 

View more options

Any news on this? An incident happened last week where my mother hurt herself on the corner of her car door. She was bleeding profusely and tried to call for help. But the pathetic notification did not alert either of the two people who receive them. In the end a passerby found mum and called an ambulance. If you are going to sell a product then it must be fit for purpose. I am now looking for a replacement product which can alert my sister and I in a useful way. Your product is a big fat failure, due to a silly oversight. You could easily fix this, but you choose not to.

View more options