Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Curve poor battery life

Arzele
2: Seeker

I've had a vodafone curve since October last year and was initially really pleased. It's attached to my dog's harness and only needed charging once a week (on power saving mode).

In recent weeks the battery barely lasts 2 or 3 days. I've had a replacement sent out and it still only lasts 2 days. I fully charged the device on Saturday night and found it was offline this morning with no low battery notifications.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Is it anything to do with the recent update?

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Arzele 

The best thing to do is to speak to the V Team direct from the link below and they will be able to give the best advise.

V by Vodafone 

Thank you for your response. I have already spoken to them and they are sending out another replacement. 

I was just wondering if this was an issue that has affected several people since the recent update, or if I have just been unlucky.

BandOfBrothers

It's reported to provide 7 days of battery life so something sounds wrong @Arzele 

Is it definitely in Power Save Mode ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kmxass
1: Seeker

Exactly the same problem, there is clearly something wrong with either the latest software update or the battery itself. I am now waiting for my FOURTH chat/call in order to try and arrange to return my second unit. The first, as explained, worked OK since Nov 20 and over past few weeks refused to hold it charge. I discussed, at length, exactly how  to charge the unit and was advised that there is, in fact, no protection built-into the charging circuit (which results in the battery being 'cooked') and when I advised this was not explained in any paperwork, the excellent tech support, agreed that it should be and replaced it. 

I am still waiting to find out what rating the 'approved' charger should be; i.e., 0.5/1, 2 or 3amp typically!

Apart from this, it's GREAT (unhappy face)

I've got my 3rd one through today. Didn't realise I needed to be careful about the charger I used... that being said, I've used the exact same charger since I got the first one in October. Has only been an issue over the past few weeks and it coincides with the new update.

Vodafone have been good in as much as they have replaced the units really quickly with very little fuss. But I'd much rather they fixed thr problem instead of sending me new Curves that will fail in the same way.

The curve uses a lithium ion battery, these need to have a protection circuit to prevent over charging and over discharging lithium ion batteries are very volitile if over over charged or drained excessively.. Likewise the charge current would be limited by the internal circuit, manual states 2 hour charge from flat which would suggest a limit of around 250mA so a 500mAh usb supply should be fine.. 

DDC66

Our curve has also just started to only last 3-4 hours? Called Vodafone and I've been told to send it back.. Strange thing is, the battery still takes a full charge.. Its a 500mAh battery and I've measured 477mA taken on a charge.. It would suggest a firmware issue??