Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

12 days still waiting for unlock (NUC) code

cwpl19
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is it normal to wait 12days for a unlock code (NUC) ?

Trying to unlock an old iphone 6 I had on contract. I received and confirmed the email confirming my request. 

The email said it would take 48hours - I waited 7days before contact chat....they then said 10days.....now being told to wait another "2 to 3 days"  ( I think I'm getting fobbed off by chat....) 

Trying to get this unlocked for a Xmas  - Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There is no code for an iPhone the unlocking is completed by inserting an alternative network SIM in the phone or synchronising to your Apple account. 

If Apple have processed the unlocking there will be a confirmation on the screen. 

@cwpl19 keep trying the alternative SIM or synchronising to Apple, Vodafone have passed the request onto Apple and it just a case of waiting for Apple to do their part.

Hi Ann - thanks for your reply - I appreciate it. 

That's what I thought! ?! - However, when  I have tried to put a Sky sim into my old iphone 6 ,that was on a vodafone contract, and I get "Sim No Support" 

If I put a vodafone sim in - its works fine,  

BandOfBrothers

Hi @cwpl19 

Although the timeframe is usually quick it can take upto 20 working days for Apple to release the phone.

If time is tight then a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's can help but obviously they will charge a fee. Just a thought.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.