Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch 6 back order

craigieboy1971
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I guess I should have known better but I decided to order the Apple Watch 6 from Vodafone two days ago. According to their website it was available in 1-2 days. (still says this on the site now). 
I received my confirmation straight away but after two days I had heard nothing about it being despatch so I used the tracking system, only to find that it was on back order! I called Vodafone and was told that it could be at least two weeks! Of course I complained as  had I known this, I would have ordered from Amazon and would have received it the next day. I was told by the person taking my call that she would speak to her manager and call me back. 5 hours later and still no call so I rang back and started all over again with someone else who told me that they had no idea when the next batch would be available. I don’t explained that this was all very misleading as their web site STILL shows 1-2 days even though this is clearly not the case and customers would be placing orders only to be let down as I have been when they actually have no stock to sell! 
Other colours and models do display 3-4 weeks or ‘unavailable’ so I assumed that the availability displayed on the website was accurate and placed my order based on this. I was told I can cancel my order and buy it elsewhere or take my chances and hope for the best. 
I should have know as I have been with Vodafone for around 20 years and there is always a problem with their systems, always delays and issues when it come to upgrades and orders but I never learn... I guess it’s my fault for trusting them really but feel it’s disgraceful to say something is in stock in order to get orders only to find out that there actually is not stock! 

3 REPLIES 3

Rutledge
4: Newbie

I too placed an order based on the website saying 1-2 days delivery. very misleading by Vodafone, but I suppose a good way of getting customers, I wonder how many placed there orders only to cancel them?

Rutledge
4: Newbie

Seems they are back in stock, my order has now been confirmed, just waiting for delivery.

Same here - fingers crossed!