Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bitdefender and port 443

julesA
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, don't know if anyone can help me. I have Vodafone phone and Broadband - the slower fibre. I am running Bitdefender Antivirus on my Windows 10 laptop and my iphone SE. No problem at all on my laptop but it will not work on my iphone. You have to enable the VPN to get the virus protection to work on the iphone but as soon as I do that the broadband cuts out. Bitdefender are pretty baffled too. They said check VPNs are allowed on my Vodafone account which they are. They also said check port 443 is open, which as far as I can gather from googling, it is but I'm not sure. I spoke to someone in a Vodafone shop and I don't think he really understood about ports, neither do I. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've had a search to see if there are any settings may need to be changed in your phone to allow the software (such as your firewall settings) @julesA. It seems these have been changed on the more recent models of the iPhone - I'd advise contacting the manufacturer to see if any of your settings can be changed on the phone to allow this to work for you.

If you find everything is set up as it should be, we can double check everything from our end to see what may be causing this. Please reach out to our team on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to take a closer look into this. 

Hi Natasha, thanks for looking into this for me and sorry for my slow response. Before I contact Apple, can you tell me what settings we are talking about, please? Thank you.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for our delay in getting back to you regarding this @julesA, I've looked into this for you and Bitdefender offer an online set up guide, this will help you download the app and make sure your settings are all correct. If you're still unable to access this through your iPhone after following their steps, you'll need to contact iPhone support directly, I'm sure they'll be able to get you up and running in no time.

Thanks Mark. Will do that.