main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

iOS

Error 4300 on app

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Had to reinstall iOS on iPhone 5s and now get the dreaded error 4300 message. Have deleted app from iPhone storage and installed completely new copy but always get the same error. Any tried and tested solution please?

View more options
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

When you deleted the app from your phone did you also remove it from your itunes library or you'll be not downloading a new fresh copy.

The Vodafone Customer Services can help from there side too.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Yes, deleted rather than offloaded from IPhone storage and then a new copy downloaded. Not able to adjust app settings on new download as can’t register the app to get into them. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @brakeman 

A similar thread here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Vodafone-App-Technical-Difficulties-Error-code-4300/td...

Follow the advise from the thread to contact the Team.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for the help.

The chat team have just advised me that ..."I would like to inform you that there is a upgrade in the software going on and that is why it is not functioning. However if you attempt to download tomorrow it will be up and running for you."

We shall see. Hopefully they are correct.

View more options
Highlighted

Yes hopefully from.contacting the team as I suggested helped and the issue gets resolved asap for you @brakeman 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Yes thanks for the responses. Appreciated. Will let you know if the advice from the Vodafone rep proves right. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @brakeman 

Just a suggestion for you to try before tomorrow.  

Try going into the My Vodafone application settings and selecting reset the application, also go into your phone applications, scroll down to My Vodafone and click storage > clear data > clear cache.  Reboot the phone and try logging in again using a mobile data connection, this is needed to locate your account.

I hope it will work for you and you have access to the Application.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Ann, this is iOS rather than android. On the 5s you can either offload the app to the cloud and redownload, or delete it altogether and download a clean copy. Neither of those worked and of course it's not possible to get into the apps' s settings at all until it's registered and up and running. So I will wait till tomorrow evening when I am promised there will be no problem. I'm not overly confident but the adviser was so we will see. 

View more options
Highlighted

I suppose it almost goes without saying that the previous assurance from the adviser yesterday was ##~## and of course the app doesnt work this evening srtill, after several deletes and reinstalls of it. So I chatted with another adviser this evening who at first reassured me that what was happening was normal and that the app was being upgraded. I referred her to my convo yesterday and said i'd been given wrong info and could she check whether there was a problem on the account. She said straight away that i should reinstall using mobile data and not wifi. i said i had done that several times already this evening and then she went off to look at the account. She now assures me that the a/c has been reset and that if i redownload in two hours it will work perfectly. I will update you tomorrow. I have asked that if she has misled me this evening that tomorrow the issue be escalated, but whether that will be necessary remains to be seen. She "promised" that that would not be necessary since it "will work perfectly".

View more options
Highlighted
Well I guess no one will be surprised to know that Ana, the second adviser, was just as full of nonsense as the first Vodafone adviser I spoke to. Despite her assurances and promises that if I just go away and wait two hours and delete then reinstall the app "it will work perfectly" of course it doesn't and the original error 4300 along with the dreaded "we are having technical problems" message fills the screen. Why do Vodafone employ people to barefacedly lie to their own customers? Is it a ruse to get them off their screens? Both advisers authoritatively and definitively promised a satisfactory result and both must have known they were bluffing. Are there actually any dedicated Vodafone employees who care about genuine customer service looking at this forum? If so could you get in touch please. Thanks.
View more options
Highlighted

Hi @brakeman 

It's hardly a surprise to find you coming back to the forum, there was no doubt both advisors didn't have a clue how to solve the problem.  I thought they may have suggested resetting network settings on the phone.

The Team on the forum should have more success.   However, as you are asking for help, you need to follow the information on the link in my first reply on how to make contact through the social media channels, when your account information has been received, with a link to this thread they will be back to you as soon as possible.  This information is also here:  Contact the Social Media Team for Account Specific Enquiries 

View more options
Highlighted

Cheers Ann, I will have to make a twitter account when i can face getting involved with vodafone again. I hadnt wanted to do that, hence the previous choices to speak to a "live advisor" online. Why do Vodafone employ these people? Two hours of my life I cant get back and of course on the first occasion, being impressed by Rukmani's apparent sincerity I marked him a 10 on the survey that arrived immediately after he "helped" me. On the second chat, with Ana, the conversation ended with her soft-soaping me with " thank you it's a real pleasure chatting with a customer who is so understanding. Dont worry, the app will work perfectly in two hours." Needless to say I didnt complete the customer satisfaction survey that arrived after that chat. My reply was along the lines of "I hope you are more trustworthy than yesterday's adviser Ana". Hmmm ...

View more options
Highlighted

PS resetting network settings didnt help either

View more options
Highlighted

It's a difficult one for sure @brakeman 

Lets hope the Social Media Team have success where live chat failed.

View more options
Highlighted

not made any easier by the cavalier way in which the advisers nonchalantly fob one off with nonsense.  Their initial response both times was downright wrong (i.e saying the only reason my app had stopped working was that Vodafone was upgrading it). i got a bit more cooperation the second time when i pointed out that she was simply repeating the previous guy's nonsense. she started to look into it then but still ended up getting rid of me with the "two hours and it'll be perfect" nonsense.

View more options
Highlighted

A catch up on this. To date i've spent a total of a couple of hours trying to get this fixed via live advisers and then via 191. All to no avail despite assurances at the end of every interaction that the issue would now be fine. The app is still not working, still showing error 4300 ("we are experiencing technical difficulties, retry in 10 seconds etc). If I had a pound for every time i have deleted and reinstalled the app I could take you all out for a decent meal.

The My Vodafone account has been reset, I re-registered anew, and despite every single adviser contradicting the advice previously given and assuring me that this latest advice would restore the app the issue persists, so to save my sanity I have given up and awarded Vodafone all zeros across the survey they send immediately after telling you they've fixed your problem. So I shall have to so without the app and go through the rigmarole of signing in online to MV when i need to check my usage and credit and top ups etc. I see from online searches that I am far from alone in this problem and some have been persisting in trying to get a fix for acouple of years. That seems to tell me that Vodafone are wasting an awful lot of money on employing advisers and techies who aren't up to maintaining their own products. That money is then obviously recouped from the users. Thank sanyway to all the volunteers who have sincerely tried to help on here. Cheers.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @brakeman 

It's unbelievable to hear that Customer Services cannot get this solved for you.

As a final suggestion, you could follow the complaints process and include a link to this thread with the email Vodafone Complaints 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Ann, yes I'll try that when I get the strength to receive more time-wasting from them. The process is exhausting and made worse by the absolute positive assurances at every contact with them that they have fixed the problem and if I just get off the line and wait or re-register or sit tight it will work. I see from online searches that this is an old problem for many of their customers. I also see that one person was fobbed off with "well it's a free app so if it doesn't work it doesn't matter". The point here being that nothing is free. We all ultimately pay for the live advisers and the call centres. Anyway, thanks once more for pointing me to the next step. 

View more options
Highlighted

I can check on the progress of your query with us @brakeman - I've not been able to find your message to us. If you're still experiencing issues, please reply back to our latest message with your Community username with a link to your post and I'll be able to track this down :Thumbs_Up:

View more options