Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Error 4300 on app

brakeman
4: Newbie

Had to reinstall iOS on iPhone 5s and now get the dreaded error 4300 message. Have deleted app from iPhone storage and installed completely new copy but always get the same error. Any tried and tested solution please?

31 REPLIES 31

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When you deleted the app from your phone did you also remove it from your itunes library or you'll be not downloading a new fresh copy.

The Vodafone Customer Services can help from there side too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, deleted rather than offloaded from IPhone storage and then a new copy downloaded. Not able to adjust app settings on new download as can’t register the app to get into them. 

AnnS

Hi @brakeman 

A similar thread here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Vodafone-App-Technical-Difficulties-Error-code-4300/td...

Follow the advise from the thread to contact the Team.

Thanks for the help.

The chat team have just advised me that ..."I would like to inform you that there is a upgrade in the software going on and that is why it is not functioning. However if you attempt to download tomorrow it will be up and running for you."

We shall see. Hopefully they are correct.

BandOfBrothers

Yes hopefully from.contacting the team as I suggested helped and the issue gets resolved asap for you @brakeman 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes thanks for the responses. Appreciated. Will let you know if the advice from the Vodafone rep proves right. 

I suppose it almost goes without saying that the previous assurance from the adviser yesterday was ##~## and of course the app doesnt work this evening srtill, after several deletes and reinstalls of it. So I chatted with another adviser this evening who at first reassured me that what was happening was normal and that the app was being upgraded. I referred her to my convo yesterday and said i'd been given wrong info and could she check whether there was a problem on the account. She said straight away that i should reinstall using mobile data and not wifi. i said i had done that several times already this evening and then she went off to look at the account. She now assures me that the a/c has been reset and that if i redownload in two hours it will work perfectly. I will update you tomorrow. I have asked that if she has misled me this evening that tomorrow the issue be escalated, but whether that will be necessary remains to be seen. She "promised" that that would not be necessary since it "will work perfectly".

Well I guess no one will be surprised to know that Ana, the second adviser, was just as full of nonsense as the first Vodafone adviser I spoke to. Despite her assurances and promises that if I just go away and wait two hours and delete then reinstall the app "it will work perfectly" of course it doesn't and the original error 4300 along with the dreaded "we are having technical problems" message fills the screen. Why do Vodafone employ people to barefacedly lie to their own customers? Is it a ruse to get them off their screens? Both advisers authoritatively and definitively promised a satisfactory result and both must have known they were bluffing. Are there actually any dedicated Vodafone employees who care about genuine customer service looking at this forum? If so could you get in touch please. Thanks.

AnnS

Hi @brakeman 

It's hardly a surprise to find you coming back to the forum, there was no doubt both advisors didn't have a clue how to solve the problem.  I thought they may have suggested resetting network settings on the phone.

The Team on the forum should have more success.   However, as you are asking for help, you need to follow the information on the link in my first reply on how to make contact through the social media channels, when your account information has been received, with a link to this thread they will be back to you as soon as possible.  This information is also here:  Contact the Social Media Team for Account Specific Enquiries