Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Error 4300 on app

brakeman
4: Newbie

Had to reinstall iOS on iPhone 5s and now get the dreaded error 4300 message. Have deleted app from iPhone storage and installed completely new copy but always get the same error. Any tried and tested solution please?

31 REPLIES 31

@Natasha

the previous two replies are to you. Thanks.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry @brakeman I can see I wasn't too clear in my reply here! As we'd need to take a look into your account, you'll need to respond to our latest message on social media so we can resolve the error you're seeing on the app. 

Hi @Natasha, you'll see from the thread that i've done that already and their promise that the situation would be resolved came to nothing. As I state in the thread above I have contacted your people now on every platform available, by talking to the live advisors, by talking to a twitter advisor, by more than one phone call, by email to the app developers. The most annoying thing is that on every single occasion I was assured by everyone i interacted with that the problem would now be resolved. The My Vodafone a/c for the number was reset by your people, I personally deleted and reinstalled the app on countless occasions, I reset my network settings, i installed new PAYG wap settings. As I say, by far the most galling aspect is that every single advisor i have spoken to or tweeted or messaged has enthusiastically and categorically assured me that if I leave it 2 hours (on the first occasion) and 48 hours (by the phone advisors) the problem would have been resolved. The only change was that on one single occasion the error number briefly changed while you people were upgrading the entire My Vodafone system last weekend and the message was to "retry in 45 seconds" rather than the usual Error 4300 message to retry in 10 seconds. I see online in various forums that i am far from the only customer to have been constantly fobbed off. In my PM in which I gave you my number  you actually replied that you couldn't help me so i am not sure why you posted this message here.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@brakeman I've not been able to find your Twitter message to us to track down what you were advised by us. If you'd prefer not to share your username on the thread here, please ensure you include your Community username when messaging us on Facebook or Twitter. I can then feed back any misinformation you received from us.

This particular error has been raised to our technical team - in the meantime we're advising our customers to log in to My Vodafone online to stay in control of their account. A fix will be implemented soon - we don't have an exact timeframe yet but will keep our customers updated. 
The message you'll have received through the Community will have been an automated one - we're unable to reply to private messages on here due to the amount of queries we get.

Hi @natasha . I had to create a twitter account to initially report to your social media team. I subsequently deleted it after your team proved unable to live up to its claim and cant remember what my twitter username was. I can remember that the Twitter adviser who was talking to me was called Atlanta.

If it's any use I can drop you my phone number via a private message on here if you can track down my notes via that number. But as I said previously I have  already fruitlesslybeen incontact wth two of your live advisers online, then the twitter team, and then two different teams via long phone calls. In fact the Twitter advisers final advice was to ring the telephone advisers. All have given  contradictory advice. All claimed that their intervention would solve the matter. All were wrong. Let me know please if me giving you my phone number in a private message on here would help you track down, or whether I should just wait for Vodafone to get its act together for all of us locked out of the app. Thanks in any case for trying to help so far. Any crabbiness of tone is not directed at you but is out of frustration.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @brakeman, we're unable to assist customers via private messages here. If you're unable to regain access to your Twitter account, I'm sure our Live Chat team will be able to look into this for you.

Hi @Mark, you'll see from the thread that ive done that more than once already, as well as contacting Vodafone on all other available platforms, and have been promised literally every single time that the operative has fixed the matter for me. I can't go through it all again. If you read the thread you will understand the story so far. If you dont read the thread well at least thanks for replying.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@brakeman This is an error that we're currently aware of and are working hard to fix ASAP! While we don't have a timescale for when the app will be back up and running for you, please be assured it's something the dedicated team are investigating. 

This is also the promise I have had but after several weeks I still can't access my account on the My Vodafone app. Error 4300.