Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Have Visual Voicemail, still receiving text alerts

zpjet
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, i have visual voicemail working fine on my iPhone 12 mini.

But for some reason, I often get tis message:

Voicemail has no new messages. Please dial 121 or +44xxxxxxxxxx.

I did choose icon notifications from 121 menu.

I don't mind getting a message if I had the voicemail, although I would be just ok with an icon badge.

But getting a notification that I have no messages? It looks like an error.

And what is the slam-down notification please?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @zpjet! It's strange that you're receiving the notification through when there isn't a voicemail to play. Can you double check your phone is up to date and on iOS 14.4? To do this, you'll need to go to Settings > General > About > Version.

The Apple website has some more troubleshooting steps here. Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Hello Beth, 

I've got VV on my iPhone 11 Pro (using 14.4.1) and up till today was working fine.  However, I've had a few voicemails this morning ( 18 March) in which a text notification was sent through inviting me to dial 121 to access the voicemails, basically the old way of accessing them.  The voicemails aren't visual.  Vodafone support have confirmed my voicemail settings are correct.  Can you help at all? 

Thanks. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @johnnykins - Thank you for getting in touch regarding your Visual Voicemail. We may need to reset some services on your account to get this up and running again. Could you drop us a message on social media please?

Make sure to include a link back to your forum post, your full name and mobile/account number 😊

Thanks Evie, 'tis done.