cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I turn off the voicemail text message alerts ?

Selly1602
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I keep getting texts to tell me that voicemail has no new messages. I have visual VM set up so really don't need the texts. 

I've tried to turn it off in the VM settings but I only have the option to select it, not to deselect. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Selly1602 

If your finding no help in the settings or the support page How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-voicemail. then customer services via 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via mContact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to advise and help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

37 REPLIES 37

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for trying this @Kev1049 - While we are aware of this being an issue, we do encourage troubleshooting to see if this resolves the issue. I can see we responded to your private message on social media with some troubleshooting suggestions, if you could respond to us when you can and let us know how you get on with those.

Hello,

I am still having this issue. To be clear, the problem I am having is that I get a daily text message telling me that I have got no voicemails. Sometimes this comes more than once a day. 

So far I have been advised to try the following:

• DMed support on Twitter
  • Posted numerous times on this forum
  • Spoke to someone on 191
  • Restarted my phone (iPhone 11)
  • Disabled slamdown notifications
  • Dialled 1210 to turn off voicemail
  • Dialled 1211 to turn voicemail back on
  • Switched on icon notifications for 24 hours then switched texts back on.

I have done all of the above and I am still getting the ‘You have no voicemails - please dial 121’ texts. 

E643654C-8BC6-4B0D-B447-629B60BFBD44.jpeg

Many thanks for posting Kev1049

I am having the same problem.

It would be most helpful if Community Support posted clear instructions, for the most common types of phones, how to stop these irritating messages .

Many thanks

Hey @Herlat 👋 We now have the ability to manually turn off these notifications for you! Please drop our Social Media team a message here with your mobile number and they will get this raised for you. Please be aware that it can take 24-48 hours for the messages to stop completely but the team will monitor the number whilst the work is being completed 🙂

Great that there seems to be a solution. I am getting a stream of these “there are no new messages, please call…” texts to my phone, as well. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Elukkae 👋 have you tried disabling them by following these steps:

1) Dial 121 from your Vodafone phone

2) Select option 1 - main menu

3) Select option 4 - mailbox settings

3) Select option 3 - message alerts

4) Select option 5 - slamdown notification

5) Finally select pption 3 - disable slamdown notification

If so and you're still getting them, please come and have a chat with us over on social media so we can help further. 

There’s no solution. I’ve been trying for 2 months and the only thing Vodafone could do to fix the problem is to turn off all text notifications altogether. 

Hi, I have exactly the same issue and called 191 and spoke to an agent who tried to tell me the issue was with my phone, clearly not as this post describes my issue.  I have also asked for a simple step by step guide on changing the mailbox notification and slam down but this is still not something Vodafone can produce.  I'm very disappointed with the response from Vodafone having read through the posts in this thread.

MarkD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kev1049 and @ifarmery, have you tried the steps that were posted in the previous message? If these have not worked, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter, the link for the contact details have been posted by Amanda. 

I am still having this issue. To be clear, the problem I am having is that I get a daily text message telling me that I have got no voicemails. Sometimes this comes more than once a day. 

So far I have been advised to try the following:

• DMed support on Twitter
  • Posted numerous times on this forum
  • Spoke to someone on 191
  • Restarted my phone (iPhone 11)
  • Disabled slamdown notifications
  • Dialled 1210 to turn off voicemail
  • Dialled 1211 to turn voicemail back on
  • Switched on icon notifications for 24 hours then switched texts back on.
  • Dialled ##002# on my phone

I have done all of the above and I am still getting the ‘You have no voicemails - please dial 121’ texts. 

It has been several months since I first raised this and I have given up. The only way to stop them is to turn off voice mail text alerts completely.