cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I turn off the voicemail text message alerts ?

Selly1602
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I keep getting texts to tell me that voicemail has no new messages. I have visual VM set up so really don't need the texts. 

I've tried to turn it off in the VM settings but I only have the option to select it, not to deselect. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Selly1602 

If your finding no help in the settings or the support page How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-voicemail. then customer services via 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via mContact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to advise and help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

37 REPLIES 37

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Selly1602 

If your finding no help in the settings or the support page How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-voicemail. then customer services via 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via mContact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to advise and help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

After endless attempts to solve the problem via Tobi and 121 the reason i have joined this community is to find out how to stop the annoying and completely unnecessary voicemail texts saying there are no new messages.

Rather than redirecting me could you please answer whether it is actually possible to turn this annoying feature off?

I am beginning to suspect it is a marketing strategy to provide a constant daily reminder, at the customer expense, of vodafone's services.

thank you

Hey @Herlat I hope you're well 😊 We are aware of an issue with the Voicemail service sending out notifications advising that there are no new voicemails. The team is looking into this and will resolve it as quickly as possible. Apologies for any frustration and inconvenience caused! 

You really do need to stop these completely unnecessary and very annoying texts. They serve no purpose than to annoy existing users.

Receiving this text message every day is extremely annoying. 

"Voicemail has no new messages. Please dial 121 or +447836121121"

Does the customer pay for this text?

Whoever set this text up, without the ability to be quickly disabled by the user, deliberately designed the texts to irritate the customer. Whether this is an advanced marketing trick to encourage users to engage with Vodafone via these forums or elsewhere only they will know.

Please can you advise when the texts will be disabled?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Herlat, I'm sorry these notifications have become an annoyance. Before we look into some of the steps you can take to help stop these, let me reassure you there is no charge for receiving these messages. I can see one of our Community Champions has posted some troubleshooting steps higher in the thread, have you tried these? If so and you're still receiving these notifications, please try the below steps to disable slam down notifications

Dial 121

Select option 1 - main menu

Select option 4 - mailbox settings

Select option 3 - message Alerts

Select option 5 - slamdown notification

Select option 3 - disable slamdown notification

Thanks for replying Mark

The slamdown notification is turned off.

I have tried as many options as there appear to be available on the 121 message service. There is an option to turn the text messages on but no option to turn them off.

To be clear every day i receive the completely unnecessary and annoying text message:

"Voicemail has no new messages. Please dial 121 or +447836121121"

I have tried blocking the caller on my phone but it disables the block.

The text message still comes through even though Hide Alerts is enabled.

I would be grateful if you could provide clear instructions how to disable this text message alert.

Any updates on this? It is very annoying. 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! If you've tried the options above, please contact our Social Media team here, who'll be able to take a further look into your account with us 🙂

Rather than fobbing me off onto your social media team - why don’t you contact them and respond to me (and your other customers) on this forum and explain clearly how these intensely annoying daily texts can be turned off. To be clear these extremely irritating and utterly pointless texts override the block on my iPhone so it’s clear that Vodafone has set them up with a purpose. Thank you.