cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I turn off the voicemail text message alerts ?

Selly1602
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I keep getting texts to tell me that voicemail has no new messages. I have visual VM set up so really don't need the texts. 

I've tried to turn it off in the VM settings but I only have the option to select it, not to deselect. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Selly1602 

If your finding no help in the settings or the support page How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-voicemail. then customer services via 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via mContact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to advise and help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

37 REPLIES 37

I’m still having this problem also. Currently in a Twitter chat with someone trying to resolve. (After going through several ‘bots’.) 

will let you know if I have any luck. 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Herlat I'm sorry you feel this way, it wasn't my intention to cause any upset. @Mark's instructions above are correct, however, you've advised this hasn't worked for you, so we'll need to investigate your account. We're unable to access accounts over the forum as it's a public platform, if you'd prefer to speak to an agent over the phone, please contact the team on 191 from a Vodafone phone (03333 040191 from any other UK phone). Alternatively, please contact the Social Media team using the link above and they'll be able to investigate with you

Beth

Thankyou for your response. 

See below this is the non-sensical response i get from your link to the Social Media team!

I will try the phone number you have provided but seriously Vodafone has gone to a lot of trouble to set up these extremely annoying daily texts and appears to be making every effort to avoid providing clear and simple instructions for turning them off.

My phone is an iPhone - why not post general instructions for turning off the texts (and including them in the 121 menu) so your customers don't have to waste enormous amounts of their time going through this labyrinthine maze to get them turned off?

If you have an account specific query on the Community, we’ll ask you to message our team on Facebook or through Twitter @VodafoneUK.

If you drop us a Direct Message on either of the above channels, you'll be greeted by our BOT. If you select 'Get Started' and then 'Asked to DM', you'll get through to the team. Be sure to choose the correct category when contacting us, for the best reply. 

When messaging our team through either platform, please include a link to your Community post along with your username.

Our team will be able to see your query through the link, meaning you won’t need to repeat your question again 

Herlat_0-1641861962036.png

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty following the steps for contacting us through social media. If you can let me know where you're struggling, I'll be happy to help you get in touch with us.

I have wasted enough time dealing with this issue. I would be grateful if you could make the effort to assist your customer rather than fobbing me off onto a social media channel.

Please give me an email or the phone number of the person i need to contact to turn off these extremely irritating and completely unnecessary daily messages.

To be clear every day i receive the message:

Voicemail has no new messages. Please dial 121 or +447836121121

I want it turned off.

thankyou

Our intention is never to make you feel like that @Herlat. To resolve the query we would need access to your Vodafone account, as we would require personal information, we cannot accept this on the Community. We would recommend that you reach out to us using Twitter or Facebook, or if you prefer to call, Beth has put the Customer Care number in her message. 

I have just spent 25 minutes on the phone with Vodafone. The guy was doing his best but was struggling to help me. Finally he suggested switching to icon notifications for a day and then switching back to see if that helped. 

The only other thing he could suggest was to text STOP to 40507 which would stop all texts altogether. 

Hi @Kev1049, have you tried the steps in @Mark message earlier on in the thread? We can see that you've attempted to speak to us before on Twitter, did you get connected to an agent? If so, did you include your Community username or a link to this post? 🙂

I have tried all

the steps, tried on Twitter, done everything. 

Yes I did speak to an agent for 25 minutes. He suggested what I have written above. 

This seems to be a known issue. (See attached)

0D8CECF1-C869-46D8-B00B-6625D0CC9D91.jpeg