Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I can't receive account verification text messages from my bank

DiggerM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently 'inherited' an iphone 8 from my family and have successfully transferred everything across from my old iphone 6.  The only problem is that I am unable to receive confirmatory texts from my bank.  I have spoken at length to both Vodafone (who were very helpful but despite making adjustments and rebooting could not find any problem) and the bank who said it was not their fault.

I  have iOS 14.3 installed and can receive test messages from everyone one else (including short codes from Vodafone)

Can anyone help?  Many thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Thank you for your help @BandOfBrothers and @AnnS

I have been back to RBS who are adamant that they are not the problem. They agree my mobile number and have sent text messages to it but they don't arrive.  They suggested that my phone or Vodafone is blocking them (I have removed all blocked numbers) so I am now at a loss!  However I did manage to log on, delete my phone number and reinsert it so as an outside chance that might work in a couple of days!

I am not a Twitter or Facebook user so I am not able to contact the Vodafone Social Media Team

I will keep trying!

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

What a conundrum @DiggerM 

If it's any help creating a Twitter account to contact the team is fast and easy and then can be de activated after. Just a thought.

It would be beneficial to get past the banks front line customer services and get this on the hands of their IT people.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.