Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Apple Watch international roaming

swords1010
4: Newbie

Has anyone been able to activate international data roaming on Apple Watch with Vodafone UK?

Apple Watch 7 Cellular and iPhone 12 Pro Max here. Both updated to the most recent OS releases as of today.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207578

The support article above suggests that there should be a toggle in the Mobile data settings on the watch and I’m guessing also in the Watch app on iPhone. However that toggle is not there. My mobile plan is set up on the watch and works fine in the UK. Vodafone say they support roaming on all watches who have the technical capability, without any further steps being required on their end. A recent trip to Spain confirmed this is untrue. Having called Apple and Vodafone at least 5 times each now, having tried removing the mobile plan and adding the esim profile all over again, nothing works and I’m giving up on any hope. Vodafone and Apple only keep pointing fingers at each other. I was hoping the new Watch OS update would fix it but it did not.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

1 REPLY 1

AlastairP
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

No, but Vodafone have at least now admitted (to me) that they cannot get Apple Watches to Roam - despite Apples claim & their iOS upgrades now on 9.3. 

I am not sure the other UK carriers can get Apple Watches to Roam yet either - many, including Vodafone seem to confuse stand-alone Apple Watch Roaming with having an iPhone present with a plan that allows the Watch to automatically Roam through the iPhone…. Not much good when i.e. extreme watersports at sea mean you can’t realistically also carry your iPhone!
We will need to be able to see a specific “Data Roaming” on/off toggle on our watches before we have any hope of roaming abroad working.

I am in Spain & was in France with the latest “Ultra Watch” with no joy either.

I see that you have commented in the other thread on this but for anyone else looking for information, search also for 

“Apple Watch International Roaming” for more info & comments. 
Sorry I can’t be of any more help.