Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of barring needed for my insurance claim

Rajramesh2002
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have lost my phone 2 days ago and on the same day I called and also chatted to vodaphone advisor saying I have lost my phone and my SIM card and then my phone insurance company was asking me for proof of barring from my network and I have tried contacting and speaking advisor on the phone and also the chat but I don’t know what they don’t understand they are saying we can’t blacklist the phone because it was not purchased from us what kind of service is this only the network provider can black list the phone and also I was using vodaphone phones SIM card not apples SIM card at time of lost. A insurance claim won’t ask proof barring from network provider for no reason I have tried explaining this to asvisors I think they need more training on thier service I am in mess right now I can’t even claim for my lost phone.  Please someone help me out here @vodafone

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Weve posts like yours before where the agent has advised the same @Rajramesh2002 which isnt right as you correctly state only a network can blacklist a phone.

So as long as a Vodafone sim card has been used in the phone to make calls etc that should be enough. 

Fill out the vodafone-uk/forms/proof-of-purchase-form-2 and hopefully that should sort this.

If not liaise with the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

How-do-I-get-proof-of-purchase. 

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.