Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refusing to blacklist IMEI number

Divyalucky123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone was lost on March 28th and I requested my network provider block the phone. I provided proof that the SIM was blocked to my insurance company but they require evidence that the IMEI number was also blacklisted. Despite repeated requests, Vodafone are refusing because I purchased the phone direct from Apple - they say its Apple that have to do this. But Apple insist they do not have these capabilities and my insurance company advice me that ONLY my network provider can do this And research on the internet suggests the same thing. Interestingly the insurance company said they get this problem all the time from network providers, with Vodafone being the worst! And that I will just have to keep asking them until someone does it for me. 

If it was over a small amount of money I'd have given up - this just isn't worth the stress. But we are talking about £1500!

Does anyone know how the hell I can make Vodafone blacklist my IMEI number? I have run out of options. I might go into an Apple shop (where they are always so helpful) and ask them to get on the phone to Vodafone with me and force them to undestand that only they have the capabilty to block the IMEI.....

Nothing will make me happier at this point than to leave Vodafone, but sadly I am locked down in a contract until December. I hate them. 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There have been many previous threads on the forum with the same issue @Divyalucky123 , Customer Service should be aware of the process. If a Vodafone SIM was in the phone at the time of loss, there shouldn't be any problems getting the phone IMEI blacklisted. 

By coming to the forum you have found the Social Team and the best place to get this solved, if you use the forum search facility @Divyalucky123 you will find previous threads where the Team have corrected the misinformation and been more than happy to blacklist the phone. For account access drop the Social Team a message through social channels here:  Contact Us 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Divyalucky123 

Losing a phone is stressful enough but then having to battle with a Network who are the only recourse that can blacklist a phone's imei just compounds the problem, and causes unnecessary delays and stress when dealing with the insurance companies.

The Network Customer Support Teams should know very well a manufacturer cannot blacklist a phone's imei !

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.