Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Repairs

Kirstyt39
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I sent my iPhone off for repair through my local store on the 15th. I was told I could track it but there hasn't been a update since it just says repair booked surely there should be a update of some sort by now

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

No necessarily, it has only been 3 working days @Kirstyt39 There are Covid restrictions still to be considered and repairs take longer than expected.  Also, phones for the repair centre may not collected the same day of being taken to taken to the store.

The store will keep you updated throughout the repair process and when the phone has been accessed by the repair centre, you should receive an update.  See here: Repairs 

Problem is I wasn't told how long it would take and that it could be 2/3 days in store before being picked up. I am using a friend's phone and they are being funny as I don't know when I will be giving it back as don't know when I will be getting mine back. If I had known or been told it would take a while I would have booked a appointment at my local apple store and got them to look at it instead. 

AnnS

Yes @Kirstyt39 

It's showing as booked because it may still at the store waiting for collection to the repair centre.

I seem to remember from having taken a phone into a store some myself that phones were collected for the repair centre on a Tuesday, but that may have changed.

If you think Apple would be quicker, you may be able to go to the store and see if there is any possibility of getting the phone back.  Customer Services may be able to to email the store on your behalf, so worth asking, you wouldn't be able to contact the store yourself.

I have just been given my local stores number and been told to call them in the morning to make sure my phone is there before turning up to pick it up. If I was told it would be sat in store until Tuesday then again I would definitely not have left it there. I would have a appointment with apple by now if i had access to my iPhone as I have the app on my phone to book appointments through. As I am using a oppo I am unable to download the app to make the appointment

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Kirstyt39 

“ I would have a appointment with apple by now if i had access to my iPhone as I have the app on my phone to book appointments through. As I am using a oppo I am unable to download the app to make the appointment ”

I assume no-one you know uses an iPhone or iPad you could use to make that appointment ?

Please let us know how you get on with your situation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

When it comes to Apple hardware, one is always better off getting Apple to repair rather than go via their Network Provider. Apple usually have quick turn around times (same day if taken in store sometimes)

You're probably looking at a 7-10 day turn around with Vodafone. Even before COVID their 2-3 working day turnaround is a bit opportunistic! 

Anyway, have you tried calling Apple? They can book you in over the phone. 0800 048 0408

I tried talking to apple through the app so online chat they just kept telling me too erase the phone. Which I did but it didn't make any difference to the problems. I just wish I had thought to book it in with apple before sending it for repair through Vodafone. I called both numbers I was given yesterday to find out if my phone is still in store one of the numbers was for broadband not mobile phones and the other I had to leave a message for someone to call me back wouldn't let me speak to anyone. So guess I will have to go to the store and ask myself if it's still there which I have been told it is. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Kirstyt39 

I appreciate your wanting your phone repaired ASAP and back within your hands as phone's do play an important part in our life's to keep us in communication etc.

Please take into account the weekend days too.

Customer services via Live Chat or 191 or even the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can all help to keep you in the loop.

Track-a-repair. 

I hope you hear something soon.

Also it depends on what needs to be repaired on the iPhone which can affect turn around time.

And yes I'd agree the best place is an Apple Store with Genius Bar.

If your friend wants theirs back then you could ask your local Vodafone Highstreet Store if they have a courtesy phone to use although these are usually basic phone's. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If I had been told by the store what I have just been told by someone through the online chat I would never have given my phone too them. I have just been told it can take 2/3 working days for it to even be picked up from store. That's it's still in my local store and hasn't even been picked up yet. So I have been told I can pick my phone up tomorrow. I will then call the insurance company as I have just been told I can claim a new phone through my insurance. I asked in-store if I could and they said no if I had been told I could I would have done this on the 15th and probably have my new phone now