Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've not seen anything as of yet but its early days and I'm sure Vodafone are putting things Into place. 

The coming soon pages might be the place to watch for news. 

Coming-soon.  And Vodafone Coming soon.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Apple are only listing EE as supporting the e-sim in the iPhone, though it won't be available for a while anyway, so things may change.

Vodafone as well. Stefano

Thanks Stefano.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@smaruzzi wrote:

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch/44mm-cellular-aluminium-silver-pure-platinum-bla...

That's the watch. I'm not sure what you are saying by just posting this link?

Vodafone is due to launch the eSIM services, sometime this year. 

They are in no rush as Apple still due to release IOS 12.1 which will enable the eSIM feature.

Speaking to apple support, this due to launch in the week of Iphone XR pre-order Window. 

So expect that eSIM will be ready to be used by christmas Eve.

Currently only one operator in UK have eSIM support for the new Iphones including EE ( EE only does it for apple watch so is vodafone]

IOS 12.1 does support eSIM. Its currently functional in beta version. If apple does release this version on the rumored date 26th October. Soon after vodafone and EE will either annouce or lauch the support for eSIM.

iOS 12.1 is ready to download from Software update and now let's see when Vodafone and EE announcing the eSim support on iPhone XS! 

Regards