main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

sansredi
2: Seeker

Hi just checked with online advisor and they have ordered esim which is arriving tomorrow by post. Any others with same experience 

View more options
chistery
16: Advanced member

I look forward to hearing what turns up tomorrow then! :Smiley_face_with_shades:

View more options
stownrow

It will probably be for an Apple Watch. They tried that one with me! 

View more options
j_gry2003

I would assume that your Apple Watch will work very well with it 

View more options
sansredi

Lol,  I don't have an Apple Watch, I did mention that I need esim for iPhone , let see what arrives , 🤞

View more options
jayguevara
4: Newbie

Interested to know what turns up.....keep us posted please! 

View more options
sansredi

Sure will do 

View more options
sansredi

Guys, just checked with cs and they mentioned I was given wrong advise , and esim for watch not iphone.

👎👎

View more options
j_gry2003

I hate to say I told you so 😂

View more options
sansredi

I know , I should have trusted you, my bad 

View more options
jayguevara

So 2019 is almost over and still no word on when Vodafone are going to support eSIM on iPhones. I honestly expected better from them. Contract comes to an end in March, lets hope something comes about by then, if not, then off I go to EE. 

View more options
baz1536

It's a shame that a) it would cost me £400 to leave my contract and b) Vodafone is so good in my area 

why the hell are they having such issues releasing a simple standard that even 3rd world countries are managing to deliver. This is 2020 and the 'leading' network can't get a standard technology out the door. 

View more options
jayguevara

@baz1536 wrote:

It's a shame that a) it would cost me £400 to leave my contract and b) Vodafone is so good in my area 

why the hell are they having such issues releasing a simple standard that even 3rd world countries are managing to deliver. This is 2020 and the 'leading' network can't get a standard technology out the door. 

At this point I think it is very much a business decision as opposed to being a technical issue. Why that is the case and what the reason could be, beats me! 

View more options
azazsons
3: Seeker

Thank you for your reply. You said, working hard with device manufacturers. What kind of hard working is going on for last 2 years. EE and O2 have done there hard work. So why Vodafone couldn't do it. Please come up with better excuse. 
Hope to get a positive response soon. 

View more options
Davidbn1970

I bit the bullet and paid the remainder of my contract off and Moved to O2. The last i got was definitely on valentines day and you will be 1st to know then changed his mind then said I already had it. Useless customer service from them. 

View more options
Huwflet

Now we just need Apple to make visual voicemail work on esim...

well that's what 02 told me anyway 🤣

View more options
j_gry2003

At least Vodafone are being romantic about it 

View more options
n4024456

Don't hold your breath. I asked our IT manager at work to enquire for personal and corprate use with their Client Acc Manager at Voda.  Apparently end of year (september onwards!)... Although their last update internally on timelines was a couple of months old so could go up or down, but actually it feels to me like they dont have a plan / are fobbing off their own internal teams as much as their personal customers.

I hope to be wrong, but I am afraid there will be no valentine's surprise.

View more options
baz1536

Only have about 6 months with them so will be moving to another network. Shame really as signal in my area is amazing. 

View more options
baz1536

Well finally took the plunge and have left Vodafone. Have and EE esim in my phone with O2 work physical sim. All working well. 
sorry Vodafone that you just couldn’t sort your network out. 

View more options