Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail - July 2019

johnnykins
4: Newbie

Hi, looks like this is available now? Anyone got it working?

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Visual-Voicemail/

14 REPLIES 14

Jimroy
3: Seeker

It's still in testing by a group of a 1000 selected users.

The provisional roll out date is the 12th August.

Vodafone will text you when it's available.

That's what I was told by Vodafone when I enquired about it a week ago over the phone.

Vodafone's social media channels have been giving conflicting information about it's availability which hasn't helped.

Yes, same here.  I was told it would launch mid-August and that a customer service rep will call me when it's launched.  It will be interesting to see how it differs from Hullomail, and whether it offers the same features of Hullomail. 

I'm surprised Voda have information on their website about it when the service hasn't been launched yet though. 

ukflo

I can’t make it work either. Surprised that they are so quiet about it. A lot of people have wanted this for years

I spoke to someone in customer service about this a month or so back, and he said vodafone has shelved plans to launch visual VoiceMail because it wasn't working as expected. Anyone know if this is true, support on their website still has an article about it. Vodafone is seriouslyu lazy not getting this feature implemented.

If true it is disappointing, but unsurprising.  If Vodafone have ceased work on VV and no longer intend to offer it then they should take down all reference to it from their website.  We were told by Vodafone that they were completing the "last minute tweaks" to VV so it would be good to hear from them if this is still the case?

I had forgotten I started this thread in July last year which gives a good indication of how long Vodafone have taken.  Other threads are even older than this one. 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I have to agree that it's very poor that Vodafone has either shelved Visual Voicemail or forgotten it, given that number of years that the iPhone has been around. Having said that I've been using Hullomail Visual Voicemail for many years now and it gives an excellent service and it's highly unlikely I'd change to a network version even if they launched one. I don't know how the VV service on other networks works but with Hullomail I get the ability to have different greetings for individual contacts, messages are emailed to as well as landing in the Hullomail app and I'm notified of missed calls. I also get messages transcribed and all of that costs me £39.99 a year and they have Lite version that are much cheaper. No interest  - just a satisfied customer.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, this is a feature we're currently testing with our developers. I've been told the page on our website is no longer searchable and can only be viewed by those in our trial phase or from any links found through the Community here.

I can confirm Visual Voicemail is something we're looking forward to launching in the future - while we don't have an exact date when this will be, you'll receive a notification to let you know once it's live.

Thanks for the clarification Natasha.  However, I'm not on the trial and can view all the VV pages by typing in 'visual voicemail' into the search box from www.vodafone.co.uk

J. 

Thanks for the reply and information. To be honest that answer doesn't fill me with confidence given that Vodafone started working on this at least from what I know last year. I think it just shows how inefficient Vodafone is given that o2 and ee have already launched this feature and the iPhone has been around over 10 years now, I have actually been considering switching to ee just to take advantage of this feature. Unfortunately I think Vodafone listening to its customers isn't a terribly high priority as I have also pointed out problems with the Vodafone app for visually impaired customers and this hasn't been acted on.